Coherence Learning is accepting applications from individuals who are seeking long term teaching/tutoring opportunities. The candidates must be reliable, motivated, and dynamic in their conduct and can help children in providing them academic support as well as mentor the young minds through the years of school education.
Selected Instructors will have (but not limited to) the following duties:
- Deliver Quality Education in Academic/Test Prep Math
- Teach the county-based Academic Curriculum.
- Teach, motivate, and interact with students/parents during instruction hours
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the Lead Tutor
- Develop a rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and the company.
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Science and Math.
- Must be available for the long term.
- Able to instruct High School students in the areas of Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB/BC, Multi-Variable Calculus, and AP Physics 1/C.
- Able to instruct High School students in the areas of ACT/SAT Math Section after being trained on the required subject (optional).
ALL INSTRUCTOR SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRE:
- Enjoy working with children
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- Strong problem-solving and customer-service skills
- Strong team player
- Reliable transportation to/from your assigned location
- Excellent work ethic
- Great organizational skills
- Able to clear a background check
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $30.00 per hour
For the safety of our teachers/tutors, we are temporarily allowing them to work completely from home.
- Calculus Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- Physics Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- Ashburn, VA 20147 (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
Weekly Hours Commitment:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19