UA Global, a unit under the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management | Academic Initiatives and Student Success, is seeking a detail-oriented, organized individual to provide administrative support to senior leadership in the area of International Education. The incumbent should be highly motivated and energetic, have the ability to multi-task and set priorities, and excel in a dynamic environment with frequent interruptions. This role will consistently interact with a wide variety of senior-level constituents across the University and with our regional/national and international partners thus requiring strong communication skills, cultural sensitivity, and considerable use of professional acumen, discretion, and tact. Position may include evening and weekend hours.
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management | Academic Initiatives and Student Success supports the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The candidate chosen for this position will be expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains calendar and provides administrative support to the Senior Director for Global Locations regularly prioritizing and arranging meetings, in-person and online video conferences and appointments; arranges necessary domestic and international travel reservations, itineraries, and reimbursements; anticipates and prepares background materials as needed
- Arranges and/or assist other administrative professionals in providing executive level support to UA Global staff special requests, and with the coordination of special events, room scheduling, A/V support, and catering.
- Provides information requiring comprehensive knowledge and may interpret department policy, procedure and operations
- Assists in hosting international visitors to UA with attention to protocols, culture, and other high-level details for visitors including the coordination of lodging, transportation, and visitor activities
- Provides support for financial transaction processing
- Accepts changes in assignments and priorities to meet unit operational expectations
- Prepares correspondence on own initiative; prepares reports or other documents from rough draft; corrects grammar, spelling and punctuation errors; edits wording without changing intended message
- Investigates, evaluates and resolves typical administrative/operational problems or situations within scope of position
- Participates in meetings and conferences pertinent to area of responsibility
- Drives for university business in accordance with University Fleet Safety
- Other duties as assigned and required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Minimum Qualifications
- Experience managing Outlook calendars, coordinating and scheduling meetings, and maintaining schedules for others
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Ability to assist with international delegation visitors which may include night and weekends
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business or field pertinent to work unit AND one year of directly related administrative experience; OR, five years of directly related administrative experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience with the UAccess Financial System and other University applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to function well independently and set priorities in a dynamic environment with frequent interruptions
Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 Job Category Administrative and Professional Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits FLSA Exempt Posted Rate of Pay $33,000 - $37,000 Annually DOE