Tate, Inc. is seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Data Center Engineering Team in Jessup, Maryland. The Structural Engineer will provide structural analysis and structural design support of steel and aluminum hot aisle containment systems deployed in large hyperscale data centers and colocation facilities around the world.
The successful candidate will have a background in structural analysis and have proficiency in common analysis tools and analytical techniques. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines for analysis inputs and design implementation details, document stress analyses, and report results to internal and external customers when necessary.
- Develop and stamp engineering drawings and calculations to document analysis of structures to be deployed in data centers and other facilities.
- Present concise explanations of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
- Support structural testing with pre-test analysis and authoring of test plans and test reports.
- Evaluate construction specifications and drawings to provide product recommendations to meet project requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related discipline with 5 years of related experience, or Master’s Degree with 3 years of related experience.
- Professional Engineering License in Structural Engineering in at least one state with the ability to attain licensure in other states where we have active projects.
- Experience with steel structural design and analysis.
- Familiarity and experience with regional and national seismic and building codes and standards.
- Proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred) and analytical techniques including basic structural analysis and FEA analysis using industry standard software tools.
- Excellent verbal and written skills a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and interface with sales, customer service, purchasing, manufacturing, engineering, quality and marketing.
- Occasional travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.00 - $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19