Our client began as a machine shop in 1914 and has grown to be a diversified manufacturer and marketer of high quality products for the home, family and industry and is comprised of more than 20 businesses.
About the Position
- Minimal overnight travel. Typically 2 weeks twice per year. Many of the business units are located in the region so much of the travel is local.
- Fast promotion track. The company has a historic track record of promotion out of internal audit and into a business unit. There are numerous audit alumnae in positions of financial leadership and P&L responsibility throughout the corporation.
- Excellent work / life balance. Business days are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour lunch every day.
- Leads fieldwork on assigned audit projects. Performs all work in accordance with applicable standards.
- Maintains a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other relevant professional standards.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of internal control processes and best practices. Effectively accomplishes work through others on audit assignments.
- Assists in the research of audit techniques and remains current on professional standards and management requirements.
- Plans projects, including coordination of planning meetings, milestone dates, and document requests lists. Presents respective documentation to the Director and/or Supervisor for discussion and approval.
- Acts as the face of the project and the key point person for auditees. Communicates status updates, open items, and issues to the Director and/or Supervisor and the auditee regularly.
- Communicates audit results and recommendations to operating management. Maintains effective working relationships with subsidiary companies.
- Conducts a formal exit meeting with subsidiary company management and writes an audit report for senior management based on audit findings.
- Takes ownership of the project from planning to issue resolution.
- Ensures workpaper documentation supports procedures performed and conclusions reached.
- Monitors staff performance and encourages teamwork.
- Prepare reports on the results of audits, reviews, and special projects.
- Monitor outstanding issues to be addressed by operating units.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, CPA, CIA, or MBA preferred.
- Candidate must possess a strong foundation of GAAP, internal control over financial reporting, and other relevant standards.
- Ideal candidate has 1-4 years of combined experience between public accounting and/or internal audit.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, plan and execute audits in accordance with applicable standards, supervise auditors in the field, manage multiple projects at a time (i.e. multi-task), draft constructive audit comments and reports, and communicate/present plans/issues to the Supervisor and Director on a regular basis.