Child Placing Agency seeking individuals with a heart for serving children and families in their communities. Mauney & Associates, sole provider of home assessment services in approximately 120 counties in Texas for Child Protective Services (CPS), is in immediate need of contractors to provide home screening services directly related to CPS child placement activities. Home assessment services include evaluations for kinship (relative), foster and adoption placements. Home study services are critical to ensure safe child placements and permanency for children who have experienced abuse or neglect. Mentoring, support, and training opportunities provided. Qualifications for Contractors:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree – Preferably in Human Services
· Preferred Experience in Child Placing Activities, Child Protective Services, Social Work, Social Services, Education, Counseling/Psychotherapy, or Mental Health.
· Willingness to interview families in their homes to complete assessments.
· Ability to conduct thorough assessments; however, our agency will mentor on specific requirements.
· Ability to meet stringent timeframes/due dates.
· Required skills: Strong computer, writing, and professional typing skills. We frequently require a sample of your writing skills to evaluate your professional writing ability.
Additional Information for Contractors:
· Contractors serve in a part-time and/or PRN role in our agency, responding to the need for home study screenings in their community and surrounding areas. Positions are not full time employment.
· Flexible hours, working in your own community, primarily working from home.
· Excellent supplemental income opportunity. Many of our contractors are professionals with full time jobs providing as needed services for our agency.
· Many communities we serve are high home study volume areas where contractors are able to work full time conducting home assessments if they chose to do so. Other geographic areas are lower volume resulting in more supplemental part time income opportunities.
· Educators, in particular, we have found are a good match with our agency, due to their experience with children and families and their widespread presence in the community.
· Contractors are paid on a per completed/approved home study basis, depending on the type of study conducted.
· Need for Bilingual (SPANISH) Providers.
Contract Positions Available in San Marcos, Texas and all surrounding counties. Visit our website at www.mauneyandassociates.com to learn more about our agency.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- social work: 1 year (Preferred)
- San Marcos, TX (Required)