Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, a long established, team oriented, warm and friendly national law firm with 8 offices, is seeking a strong leader to supervise the Document Support Services D\department’s staff, productivity and work flow. We are searching for a supervisor who is flexible; maintains poise under pressure; enjoys helping people and takes pride in their department’s work product.
- Manage and monitor department workflow including the review and assignment of Firm-wide job requests
- Troubleshoot issues with incoming job requests and ensure deadlines are met
- Provide quality review of outgoing work
- Manage day and evening shift staff and ensure department is staffed properly
- Responsible for department and staff productivity; training and development and performance management, including goal setting and performance appraisal and feedback
- Work as a word processing specialist in all software programs, including Excel, Word, Kofax and PowerPoint
- Handle specialty document projects for various firm departments
- Act as Document Support Services liaison with attorneys, administrative staff, office administrators and office coordinators
- Monitor systems and software programs used by the Document Support Services staff; recommend upgrades and additions
- Work with Human Resources and the Information Services department to develop and provide training materials and workshops for Document Support Services staff and Firm secretaries
- Some college preferred but not required
- 5 – 7 years of word processing experience
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience
- In-depth work experience running and troubleshooting TOCs and TOAs as well as merging and converting documents
- Extensive work experience using Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- I-Manage experience
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage busy and deadline driven workflow
- Communication and consulting skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the Firm with clarity and professionalism
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and communicate in a positive and productive manner
- Technical skills in all software programs utilized by a Document Support Services Department
- Supervisory and training skills
- Experience with Kofax and Publisher
Schnader offers an extensive menu of generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, long term care, life, AD&D, supplemental life, supplemental AD&D, gap hospital, accident and critical illness insurances, flex spending (Medical, Dependent Care & Transportation), health savings accounts, pet insurance, retirement plan as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday time. Most effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter and salary expectation. Please include SUPDS in the e-mail subject line.
Final candidates will be evaluated on software and formatting knowledge.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are military friendly and we warmly welcome all qualified candidates with rich diverse backgrounds to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- law firm word processing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Do you have in-depth work experience running and troubleshooting TOCs and TOAs as well as merging and converting documents?
Do you have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel?
Do you have advanced proficiency in Best Authority or a similar program?
Do you have advanced proficiency in Litera ChangePro and/or Track Changes?
Do you have advanced proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Professional and/or Kofax Power PDF Advanced?
Do you have advanced proficiency in Payne [a document formatting tool] or similar program?
Do you have advanced proficiency in IManage and Matter Centricity or similar programs?
Do you have proficient knowledge of graphics programs such as Desktop Publishing and Photoshop?
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift