Primary Location-North America-US-VA-Corporate Office Dulles VA (HOA)
Unposting Date-Oct 28, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
- Prepare and enter normal, recurring, payroll cross charges, accruals and intercompany journal entries for month-end close.
- Review all prepaid accounts; expense appropriate transactions.
- Generates monthly financial statements for assigned stations.
- Review and approve AP batches for assigned stations.
- Compute and accrue airport fees and prepare check requests for all stations.
- Compute fuel/diesel year-end tax credit all stations and provide to Tax Department for return preparation.
- Review and assist in preparation of annual budgets for all stations.
- Analytical review of month ends income statements and research variances between actual and budget.
- Lease accounting FASB 16 review and manage over 150 agreements
- Accounts payable voucher review and approval for accuracy for invoices over $5,000 on a weekly basis. Verify A/P entries are booked into the correct accounting period, cost center and account.
- Budget Review – Receive budget packages from the stations. Utilizing historical reports, assumptions and directives from Management, analyze revenue and expenses for reasonableness. Ensure that the budget numbers are uploaded accurately into the accounting system and thereafter perform a quality control review of the budget results in Lawson and communicate accordingly with the stations.
- Conduct a minimum of four station audits per year.
- Compile and present monthly results for review to the Accounting Manager.
- Research discrepancies between stations anticipated results and that of the preliminary income statements and communicate with each respective station.
- Reconcile physical inventories of fuels to amounts recorded in the general ledger. Investigate and document reasons for variances.
- Prepare monthly accruals for Fuel Tax refunds.
- Prepare reports for airport fees and ensure that payments are submitted timely to meet permit requirements.
All other duties as may be required
Key Performance Indicators
- Respond to airport authority audits.
- Assist the external auditors in the annual audits by providing them with schedules and other information as required.
- Assist with various projects as requested (daily).
- Research vacation variances and discuss with stations.
- Supporting the Accounting Manager with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Accurately and timely reports
- Customer satisfaction
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office and intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong oral and written communication / presentation skills
- Ability to work under demanding deadlines, flexible, communicative and ability to work in teams
- Good decision-making skills based on facts and analysis
- Strong customer focus and problem-solving skills
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd., on behalf of more than 850 client-companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 265 million passengers annually, and handles approximately 4.7 million tonnes of air cargo at 133 warehouses world-wide. With a workforce of 68,000, the world market leader in ground handling and air cargo services is active at 315 airports in 50 countries across all five continents. In 2017, the group generated consolidated operating revenue of EUR 2.8 billion.