Under general supervision, assist in maintaining general ledger accounts and conduct other accounting related activities. Provide record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Balance books periodically and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintain receipts and disbursement reports. May plan, conduct, and participate in basic analysis of cost assignments, ensuring that all assigned projects adhere to accepted cost accounting standards. Assist in the preparation of management reports that measure performance against key objectives and strategies.
Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed and how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparing monthly financial information utilizing the applicable support systems. Duties include preparing journal entries, coding invoices/vouchers, reconciling the balance sheet and analyzing variances.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation records.
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Budget
- Reviews and reconciles Accounts and recommends accruals
- May perform basic analyses of cost records to ascertain distribution of costs for various divisions of management and production.
- May classify labor, material, and overhead costs to compute unit costs of products or services.
- Analyze actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances.
- Prepares other reports and assist in special projects and analysis as required or requested by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work
Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
Able to apply general functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.