Full Job Description
Director of Operations - Eugene
Bowtech, Inc., headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, is a widely recognized archery products leader that uses innovative technology and design to manufacture and market high quality archery products in the US and Canada. Our products are sold at major sporting goods retailers as well as more than 1,000 independent dealers in the US, Canada and by select international distributors.
The Director of Operations - Eugene is a key member of the Bowtech management team responsible for leading the Eugene, Oregon operations. This position reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for building the operations organization and processes that deliver the financial, cost, quality, safety and service levels that meet business goals, customer expectations and ensure financial strength and operating effectiveness. The Director must reside in the Eugene area, relocation assistance will be available.
This role has accountability for leading manufacturing, process engineering, sourcing, maintenance, quality assurance, inventory and production planning, warehousing, distribution, transportation, packaging procurement, and human safety functions at the Eugene facility. The Director will play an important cross-functional role ensuring alignment, collaboration and coordination between the Eugene facility and other facilities/divisions and the shared services functions including product development/design engineering, finance, human resources, IT, product marketing, marketing communications, customer service, and sales.
Primary deliverables and areas of focus:
- While working effectively cross-functionally, acts as the de-facto business manager of the Eugene facility elevating the division’s financial performance.
- Leads and develops the Eugene, Oregon facility and operations leadership team and provides direction and leadership to a shared services team supporting the Eugene facility operations.
- Coaches operations staff and ensures ongoing employee development and effective performance management processes.
- Leads employee relations and communications including building a positive, collaborative, results-oriented culture marked by strong performance, effective supervision, employee engagement and trust in leadership.
- Ensures effective workforce planning for the facility. Manages staffing levels, job training, cross-training, wage structure, and employee retention planning.
- Develops an efficient operations structure and processes that can flex effectively to meet variable volume and customer needs.
- Leads the design and implementation of key performance metrics, goal setting, scorecards and effective communication processes that build a continuous improvement culture.
- Ensures effective partnerships with manufacturing partners, suppliers and third-party logistics partners.
- Ensures best practice processes and procedures are defined, documented and implemented.
- Ensures effective implementation and compliance with all product quality, product testing, product safety and human safety systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and quality standards.
- Contributes to the company’s strategic plan development. Develops and manages long-range, annual and quarterly functional plans and department / facility budget.
- Delivers consistently against customer expectations through effective planning, project management, communication, and execution.
- Determine requirements and continuous improvement opportunities for new and existing manufacturing and distribution facilities.
- Works closely with sales, product development and marketing to plan and commercialize new products and business opportunities. Participates actively in cross-functional project or business teams.
- Develop and improve the inventory and production planning strategy and execution.
- Provide leadership of the sales and operations planning (S&OP) consensus forecast and demand planning processes and provide coaching and leadership to the cross-functional team including marketing, finance, sales and operations.
- Provides strategic perspective and planning guidance relating to system capabilities, management reporting, and business analytics. Acts as key member of ERP design and implementation leadership team.
- Identifies cost savings opportunities and leads cost reduction initiatives.
- Active member of the product planning and product management team ensuring alignment with operations.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinker. Exceptional analytical skills and sound judgment.
- At least 15 years broad manufacturing and full supply chain functional leadership expertise with at least 5 years cross-functional facility leadership experience in a related production facility.
- Prefer related business model experience in consumer hard goods or technical products sold through retail or dealer channels – understands demand, distribution, and service dynamics of similar customer channels.
- Adept at leading overall supply chain process and strategy development resulting in substantial cost savings, efficiency, quality, or service level improvements.
- Excellence in sourcing and building strong vendor partnerships and negotiating contracts including Asia sourcing experience.
- Hands-on leadership and planning as a key member of the new product commercialization team with responsibility for process engineering, testing, start-up of new products / lines, costing, etc.
- Experienced leading culture development and program implementation in the areas of human safety, quality, product safety, metrics/scorecards, continuous process improvement.
- Experience leading new line installs and facility start-ups or moves.
- Significant front-line production supervision experience and expertise in employee training and performance management principles.
- Able to organize cross-functional teams and work plans in a way that mobilizes and aligns the organization. Expert project management skills.
- Experience managing through ERP or other large system implementation projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to inspire others, set direction/vision, drive strong collaboration, get results through others, develop organization/team, coach, supervise, and develop others.
- Strong experience leading effective communication processes that align and motivate the organization and a track record of building a strong culture.
- Develops effective and trusting interpersonal relationships at all levels. Collaborates and effectively influences and builds cross-functional relationships.
- Record of effective budget management and delivering results that meet or exceed plan.
- Bachelors Degree in related field required. MBA preferred.
Bowtech Archery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Full-spectrum Production Plant Managment: 4 years (Required)
- Supply Chain: 4 years (Required)
- Employee Relations: 4 years (Required)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 4 years (Required)
- Quality Systems: 4 years (Required)
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership: 4 years (Required)
- High-volume Production Plant Environment: 4 years (Required)
- Production of Consumer Durable Goods: 4 years (Required)
- Inventory Management: 4 years (Required)
- Eugene, OR 97402 (Required)
- What are your salary expectations?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance