Business Continuity Coordinator
Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE:ENV) is a leading independent provider of technology-enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid-sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front-, middle- and back-office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
The candidate will have a broad range of Business Continuity experience, ideally in the financial and/or technology services sectors. A strong communicator both written and orally, the candidate must demonstrate an ability to motivate and influence management and other staff to maintain an overall Business Continuity capability that satisfies both regulatory and business needs. The position will report to the SVP of Business Continuity and Risk and involves working with all levels of the organization to develop, maintain and test plans, facilities, and other factors that will ensure the Firm has a comprehensive and validated Business Continuity capability. The role will coordinate a global Business Continuity awareness program, and be involved in training and guidance. This position is based in our Chicago office, but there is a requirement to visit other offices. Travel is required to other divisions from time to time.
Essential Job Functions
• Experience with planning and managing the execution of Crisis Management simulations and various Business Continuity tests.
• Experience with building and maintaining Business Continuity Plans, preferably using industry standard business continuity tools.
• Provide a coordination role to support Crisis Management Teams, in accordance with Crisis Management Plans and Business Continuity Plans.
• Coordinate the review, maintenance, and testing of departmental Business Continuity Plans,
• Conduct regular business impact assessments Maintain and make available management information reporting detailing the current status of all Business Continuity Plans.
• Manage the emergency communications system used by the firm and ensure that all staff is appropriately covered by this system. Conduct regular testing to validate the effectiveness of this system.
• Work with Facilities and Systems teams to manage incidents that affect or may affect business operations.
• Promote awareness of Business Continuity policy, standards, plans, processes, and arrangements.
• As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution OR the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in business continuity planning, emergency management, risk management, or equivalent work experience, preferably within financial and/or technology service sector.
• Certified Business Continuity Professional may be substituted for up to 2 years of required experience. Business Continuity Institute (ABCP), Disaster Recovery Institute (CBCP), or similar certification desired.
• Working knowledge of Business Continuity standards.
• Experience with crisis and incident management processes.
• Experience with building and maintaining Business Continuity plans, preferably using industry standard Business Continuity tools.
• Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) or similar software.
• Ability and willingness to travel and work at various Company locations, if required.
• Be comfortable dealing with individuals at all levels through the company.
• Must have a self-starting, driven, assertive, and positive attitude.
• Ability to meet tight internal/external deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects in addition to other day to day functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Strong presentation and skills.
• The ability to explain and rationalize Business Continuity to business and technical staff.
• Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly growing/changing environment.
• Must be flexible and able to prioritize and re-prioritize team work load as needed.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.