SYLVAN LEARNING - HUNTERSVILLE, NC
The Sylvan Learning Center of Huntersville is growing and we're adding to our team! Great opportunity to join the world's leading provider of tutoring services!
The Tutor / Lead Instructor position, in addition to tutoring, is responsible for helping to maintain the instructional and operational excellence of the center
Minimum two afternoons per week and every other Saturday morning.
$12 - $14/hr
Essential Job Functions
- Tutors in a variety of subjects and age ranges as needed.
- Assists Director with preparing materials for parent conferences, assessments, tours, and other customer appointments
- Helps to manage the instructional quality of student programs on an ongoing basis
- Assists Director with day-to-day responsibilities of running the Center such as managing instruction, monitoring student attendance, collecting payments, maintaining Center supplies, technology troubleshooting, etc.
- Greets and assists students, parents, and potential customers according to Sylvan standards
- Fields calls from current families
- Manages scheduling changes of current families
- Leads day-to-day administrative tasks such as timely and high-quality phone reception, word processing, data entry, filing, and other administrative tasks
- Assists Center Director with maintaining the professional appearance of the Center according to Sylvan standards
- Supports standards and procedures to ensure student safety and well-being
- Assist teachers with preparation for instruction; Gathers and prepares materials as appropriate
- Four-year degree and teaching and/or tutoring experience required
Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing; Ability to proofread and edit copy
- Strong organizational skills; Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge, and abilities required.