HOTEL LAUNDRY ATTENDANT PROFILE
Reports to: ROOMS DIVISION MANAGER, position is non exempt
WHO WE ARE
Hotels done differently. It’s not just a slogan or catchphrase, it is who we are in everything we do. We believe in the power of People, Place and Character; ensuring our properties are a place where individuals are valued and celebrated as a tribute to the neighborhoods and the people of the communities in which we operate; elevating our associates’ pride in who they are, where they live and who we serve.
The Pontchartrain is a quintessential neighborhood establishment in the Garden District of New Orleans. The rich history of old French New Orleans is reflected throughout the hotel in its architecture, design and service.
The hotel has been thoughtfully restored to maintain a historic feel while imparting a sense of modern comfort and style throughout the 106 rooms and suites that will reflect the unique personality of today’s New Orleans and the Garden District.
The Pontchartrain hotel is managed by Aparium Hotel Group which was founded in 2011, driven by the belief that all hospitality experiences should be fueled by the poetics of their surroundings, Aparium was born with an intense focus on unearthing the amazing moments unique to every city. Since its founding, Aparium has grown into a new kind of hotel brand, one that ventures off the beaten path, both geographically and philosophically. It is a sophisticated hotel brand known for its singular ability to combine the business acumen of large hospitality companies with the charm of boutique hotels, bringing disparate forces together in bustling, smaller markets.
WHO YOU ARE
Your past experiences have led you to understand that there is an art + science to the how and what a hospitality operation professional is responsible for. You delight in the smiles you share and the positive experiences that you create. You feel comfortable when things get busy, and you must make smart, in-the-moment decisions, as it is just natural for you to do so. Above all, it is your mission to spread joy to all you encounter when making their specialty drinks. You are energized through your interactions with people, and there is nothing that gives you more satisfaction thank making our customer smile.
The Laundry Attendant reports to the Rooms Division Manager. This role provides the hotel with the guidance and dependability of the Housekeeping department. This role requires the ability to operate pressers, small washers and dryers, and processing clean hotel and Food and Beverage linens in accordance with hotel’s standards. This role involves working under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, around fumes and/ or odor hazards, and around chemicals. Getting the details right and holding our Aparium cleanliness standards is priority for this role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Use cleaning chemicals according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation, and safety regulations
- Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies and equipment: replenish as needed throughout the shift
- Sort all stained/damaged items and determine status for rewash or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard items
- Remove all debris on floors after each sorting
- Transport cart to proper work area for finishing
- Operate washers, and dryers
- Check the cleanliness and conditions of articles while processing through the machines; separate damage/stained articles
- Fold cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size. Place stacks in specified areas for distribution
- Report faulty equipment, damaged linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems to supervisor
- Remove lint and debris from dryer filters and change filters
- Transport trash containers to dumpster; empty and clean accordingly. Adhere to recycling procedures
- Breakdown and clean work areas/equipment
- Re-stock linen in appropriate areas
- Fold bedspreads, blankets, bed pads, shower curtains and bathrobes
- Complete inventory of stock as assigned
- Work with supervisor, improve quality or standards, and increase productivity or capacity of machines
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Previous work experience within Housekeeping
- A flexible schedule, as sometimes you may have to work evenings, weekends, or a holiday as events don’t only happen during the week
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Aparium Hospitality Services celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment, and sense of belonging for all employees. We do not discriminate and believe every individual should be proud of who they are, where they come from and take pride in who we serve.