HQ'd in Manhattan’s Flatiron district, Griffin360 is a fast-growing technology public relations, advertising, digital marketing and media buying agency.
As a result of a series of new account wins, we are looking for a self-driven public relations Account Manager to join our team and help spearhead media relations and account management across several key clients primarily focused in the B2B technology space.
The right candidate is someone who can demonstrate the following:
1) A hunger for entrepreneurialism. Griffin360 is a growing business that is looking to gain a new leader. We are not interested in building a team of middle managers. Our new account manager is eager to contribute to a successfully growing business in a meaningful way that will have a lasting impact on the agency.
2) Solid experience in media relations. Our account manager will oversee public relations strategy across a variety of accounts in industries as diverse as technology, hospitality, law, and insurance. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing go-to-market media relations strategies and implementing them successfully. Experience with technology brands is a major bonus.
3) Excellent writing skills. Whether it be a press release, a bylined editorial, a carefully crafted pitch to a journalist, or an email to a client, our account manager must be able to clearly and succinctly communicate a message. Success in this position is very much contingent on the ability to write well.
4) Proficiency in client communication and account management. Our account manager will simultaneously manage several accounts and serve as the key communication lead with their respective clients over email, conference calls, and in person. You will be responsible for providing clients with regular status updates on a daily and weekly basis, and will travel multiple times a year to provide in-person PR support at industry trade shows. It is imperative that you have previous experience communicating directly with clients, and that you are comfortable doing so!
5) The ability to manage and motivate a team. Our new account manager will be managing an internal team of account coordinators and account executives. You will set and track daily objectives for the team, provide regular insight and feedback on performance, and be willing to change, develop and implement internal processes to deliver success.
6) Creative thinking under pressure. The right account manager thinks creatively, and often under pressure, brainstorming and implementing new projects for our clients. You thrive in situations that require creativity, and you often turn your ideas into actionable items. You don’t wait for direction. You propose fresh ideas, perspectives and methods, and think beyond what’s asked of you.
Other qualifications include an undergraduate degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, Business, Creative Writing, Literature, or Journalism, as well as 3-5 years of relevant experience in a media relations role. Experience with technology brands is preferred.
If this description aligns with your talents and aspirations, send us an email with your resume, cover letter, and at least one writing sample.
Job Type: Full-time