Building Information Manager (BIM), Plant Operations
RWJBarnabas Health Corp
Full Time, Days
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
We are seeking a Building Information Manager (BiMa) with a focus on facilities management and operations, who will create and manage three-dimensional Building Information Models (BIM) for our existing facilities from the ground-up; publish standards, coordinate point cloud transfers and other BIM applications applicable to the lifecycle of a building across a multitude of projects
Under general direction from the V.P. Facilities Management/Construction, the BiMa will Work with various work groups, including but not limited to RWJBH Design and Construction leadership, RWJBH Affiliate Facility Directors, RWJBH Project Managers, Construction Management and A/E firm Consultants on BIM services assuring that projects incorporate standard BIM processes as RWJBH transitions from construction into maintenance and operations. You will develop strategies and standards to collect facility data in the building information model that will enable us to manage our buildings more effectively and efficiently.
- The Building Information Manager implements BIM for facilities management and operations, focused on both strategy and execution of BIM processes.
- Create, set up and maintain libraries, content and complex models in AutoCAD, Revit and on BIM360 and local project drives.
- Download and upload models, audit, and update Revit models for adherence to BIM Execution Plan.
- The Building Information Manager manages, audits and updates AutoCAD Files as backgrounds for users internal and external to Facilities.
- The Building Information Manager provides quality control for completeness and adherence to company BIM standards.
- Process and convert laser scans into BIM.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements; enhance the goal of continuous improvement within our Company.
- Able to work effectively with teams and independently in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in managing multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communications.
- Organized, effective time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- Able to identify the appropriate software and hardware for BIM and facility management/operations platforms and maintain all within RWJBH Information Technology & Systems requirements.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational needs.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- Able to troubleshoot problems and develop creative solutions.
- Able to handle additional duties as may be assigned as needed depending on company priorities, goals, and objectives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working directly with building systems (M/E/P/FP/T) disciplines, working for an Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management firm.
- Three-plus (3+) years of experience providing BIM implementation, training, and support.
- Two-plus (2+) years of experience working with facilities management personnel.
- A demonstrated understanding of asset and workplace management software.
- Experience in combining and coordinating BIM updates, running clash detection on revised components, and communicating results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to create and manage complex commercial and industrial design projects within Revit, and other supporting programs.
- Ability to read and interpret construction Contract Documents.
- Expertise with Revit as demonstrated by sophisticated use of software beyond just modeling, such as creation of families, schedules, parameter management, view template management, viewports, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop custom content for Revit including coding in the .NET API, and Dynamo to assist engineering staff with automating tasks and increasing efficiency.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please submit your resume through Indeed.
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization. RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey s largest private employer with more than 33,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns and routinely captures national awards for outstanding quality and safety.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person