This position is located in Ankeny, IA. Relocation Assistance will be offered.
Our service team provides value to our customers through experienced craftsmen and the expectation to achieve 100% customer satisfaction. Next year Cunningham, Inc. will be celebrating 50 years of service in the industry.
Cunningham, Inc. is a leader in the commercial and industrial building industry and contributes this to our most important assets – our employees. To these employeeswe offer a competitive wage as well as the following benefits: health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, vision discount plan, holiday pay, paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan. Cunningham, Inc. also believes strongly in the merit shop philosophy. We are always looking for experienced, hard workingprofessionals to continue to bring quality service and support to our customers.
If looking for a professional, employee focused, and family orientated company we will be the right fit for you!
- HVAC Service Technician installs, services, and repairs environmental control systems in residences, department stores, office buildings and commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints, or engineering specifications
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment
- Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air duct system, using hand tools, cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools
- Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment
- Joins tubing or pipe to carious refrigeration units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant. Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power sources
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems, and add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure. Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to ensure efficient operation
- HVAC Service Technician will tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soaps-and water solution. Wraps pipe in insulation batting and securing them in place with cement or wire bands
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician’s hand tools and test equipment.
- HVAC Service Technician may install, repair and service air-conditioners, ranging from 15 to 150 tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and factory building
- State of Iowa Journeymen HVAC license or its equivalent with at least 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Ability to learn to read and understand blueprints and other technical documentation
- HVAC Service Technician should have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good communication, organizational and supervisory skills to interact with customers and other team members
- HVAC Service Technician will be available to be on call, overtime, and perform service calls as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Accident Insurance
- 401K Program with Match
- Paid time off and Paid Holidays
- Incentive Programs
Indeed Hire and Cunningham, Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Field Service Technician: 3 years (Required)
- State of Iowa Journeymen HVAC license (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)