IT Systems Engineer
# of openings:
IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer is responsible for performing the activities facilitating the design and advancement of our Managed Services Clientele’s Information Technology network operating systems, services and standards. The IT Network Administrator will administer all Internet, Intranet and external telecommunications systems and services in a hybrid cloud server environment and is responsible for creating standardized desktop and application delivery solutions on a variety of platforms for our enterprise users. Work duties include but are not limited: Management of virtual server environment, disaster recovery, PC and printer hardware/software configuration; troubleshooting network problems; training users on desktop and network software applications and mobile devices. This on-going support of the company’s business network operating systems and users requires a high degree of initiative, competent decision making, discretion and independent judgment which are exercised to ensure business systems are maintained at full operational capacity and users are working on the systems at their full potential.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with 2-3 years of experience, Systems, or related field. Will consider candidates without a college degree commensurate with more years of field experience.
- Preferred candidates will have experience working in Microsoft’s Cloud architecture (O365, Azure) and Hybrid cloud as an administrator
concepts to assist in cloud migrations, integrations and support.
- Must be comfortable with end-user communications working in a business environment as a helpdesk engineer, problem solver with excellent follow-ups and attention to detail.
- 3 years of experience with virtualization environments (Hyper-V, Oracle VM, Citrix, ESXi, VEEAM, and vSphere);
- Solid knowledge of Cisco routers, network firewalls, VPN and WAN communications.
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools for problem detection and resolution knowledge of LAN design.
- Proficiency with MS Windows client/server software, MS Exchange and MS Office Professional suite of applications.
- Preferred Microsoft, Citrix or Vmware Certification.
- Experience with MS SQL database administration, SAN and Server virtualization in a cloud environment
- Experience in a production systems environment is a plus.
- Experience with mobile device management, Avaya phone systems and VOIP is a plus.
- Backup, Disaster Recovery, Cloud Security and Business Continuity
- Daily administration including monitoring of the network, servers and desktops.
- Active Directory administration (DNS/DHCP/Group Policy).
- Perform basic user account administration (adds, changes, deletes).
- Perform system builds (desktop/laptop/servers).
- Manage system backups and perform data restores as required.
- Maintain and manage corporate switches, firewalls, VPNs and routers.
- Administer Windows based servers for daily maintenance (2008R2, 2012R2).
- Ensure security and protection of data on corporate network devices.
- Identify, remediate, and report on security alerts (viruses, malware, compliance, etc.)
- Assist in software inventory management, and adhere to software licensing compliance.
- Strategize, advise, implement, and support strategic end-user computing solutions, as assigned.
- Perform application installations and upgrades, including patch management.
- Provide technical assessments and process documentation.
- Assist in Cloud migrations and integration projects
- Up to 20% travel (local and out-of-state) to provide some end-user face-time for collaboration with our Managed Services clients
- Provide outstanding customer service, including off-hours support as required for our oncall process
- Strong consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and other systems technical staff, consultants and vendors.
- Follow up on open issues with customers, colleagues, and key stakeholders.
- Planning and executing projects on-time, while learning new businesses and technologies.
- Ability to work independently and in a small team as required
- Understand and general troubleshooting of Microsoft Cloud technologies and desktop products (O365, Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Learn our Managed Services framework, assist in the build and execution of great process to support our customers.
- Strong technical and communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of management
- Detail Oriented
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Passion for continuous learning
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft or Network Systems Administration: 2 years
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Higher
Required work authorization: