The Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park (LASED) will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. LASED will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
Reporting to the Managing Director; the Vice President of Guest Experience is the senior leader within the Guest Experience team and will be a dynamic professional who will direct all aspects of the LASED experience and ensures the highest level of customer service. The chosen individual will collaborate with an extensive group of internal and external partners including LASED security, facility operations, Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, Legends sales and business leaders, front-line employees and millions of LASED event attendees. Daily, this individual will coordinate all efforts to provide a world class customer service to all LASED guests, employees, performers, and clients. This will be done through the managing, supervising, and coordinating a variety of activities and operations for the guest services, ticket taking, ushering, elevator operations, parking, food service, and merchandise departments.
Working closely with the key LASED executive team members, the VP of Guest Experience will plan the organization of the initial LASED customer service related departments including the hiring of new staff, the establishment of responsibilities and the administration of developing and consistently executing standard operating policies and procedures. Along with the newly developed departments, this individual will focus on achieving maximum customer satisfaction through a Fan First mentality; and timely and accurate provision of customer service initiatives. This individual will directly lead and oversee the creation, implementation and delivery of all elements of the LASED Customer Service Program.
It is also expected that you will play an instrumental role in LASED labor management for both union and non-union work forces. You will participate in the day to day management of complex labor policies and procedures, dispute resolution, arbitrations and assisting the LASED Building Operations and Legal Department in labor negotiations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes world class customer service training programs for all employees
- Develops programs, policies and procedures to provide the highest level of customer service to patrons and corporate partners to assure smooth coordination of activities during events and daily operations of department
- Develops, forecasts and oversees the Guest Experiences annual budget and ensures the department stays within the budget while keeping the operations running efficiently
- Coordinates with all stakeholders (including, but not limited to, promoters, tenants and groups hosting functions at the stadium) to ensure that required and requested services and staffing levels are provided
- Develops, directs and implements ADA programs
- Acts as liaison with other departments regarding facility policies and operational procedures as it relates to upcoming functions and user needs
- Interfaces directly with external clients regarding all guest experiences issues and feedback
- Responsible for assuring guest safety by maintaining and delivering current knowledge of safety and evacuation procedures to all event day employees
- Responsible for working with vendors and HR department to maintain staffing levels necessary for the successful operation of the department, which may include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Supervises staff to ensure event success
- Works with CRM systems to ensure that customer feedback is properly logged, monitored, and addressed
- Develops Secret Shopper or other guest experience monitoring initiatives to ensure the efficacy of the stadium and performance venue's various customer services programs
- Regularly provides updates to senior management on all customer service efforts
- Assists in overseeing the relationship with parking management firm
- Oversees the customer service operations of all premium club spaces
- It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure the highest level of customer service to both internal and external clients at all times
- LASED expects all employees to play an important role in making the LASED campus and the stadium the cleanest most well-maintained building in the NFL
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, staffing, and training of the internal guest experience team
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) in hospitality/guest relations/hotel or related field. Advanced degree preferred
- Proven track record of extremely high attention to customer service required
- 12 years direct industry experience with 10 or more years of progressive responsibility in guest services/customer service related work
- Demonstrable development of customer service curriculum training and implementation;
- Proven supervisory experience and leadership skills a must
- Possess a thorough knowledge of large venue event planning and related activities
- Knowledge of arena or public venue security deployment and safety regulations
- Ability to develop long-range plans, budgets and programs
- Ability to resolve guest concerns expeditiously and independently
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LASED strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.