STATEMENT OF WORK
The Consultant will work with the Data Analytics Bureau (the “Bureau”) and the Division of the Chief Information Officer staff to assist with the build-out of the current OSC environment for both infrastructure and tools as they relate to data analytics and the necessary supporting technologies, such as data warehousing, business intelligence, statistical analysis, and data exchanges with external agencies/entities. Tasks will include:
- Reviewing and analyzing data analytics ETL environments and other external sources in order to design and architect a system communicating this information to Bureau staff and other OSC staff as necessary;
- Assisting with the implementation of data analytics architecture design to accept structured and unstructured datasets as they are acquired through the Bureau;
- Assisting with the implementation and migration of ETL environments, including fact and dimensional models as defined through user story business requirements;
- Assisting in Tableau/Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (“OBIEE”) dashboard design as defined by user story business requirements;
- Assisting with ETL processes of newly identified/acquired data into OSC’s secure data analytics environment; and
- Providing other data analytics development services as requested.
The Consultant must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree, or equivalent four-year degree, in Computer Science or related information technology field. A Master’s or Doctorate in Computer Science or related IT field may be used to satisfy this requirement;
- A minimum of four years of experience developing and maintaining a data interchange system interfacing with a wide array of varying data sets including flat file, direct database connection, and eXtensible Markup Language (“XML”) transactions;
- A minimum of four years of experience working with ETL tools;
- A minimum of four years of experience data modeling;
- A minimum of four years of experience developing a data analytics ETL environment to support data analytics; and
- A minimum of four years of experience with Structured Query Language (“SQL”).
OSC will give preference to candidates with the following qualifications:
- One year of experience accessing XML files from Amazon Web Services;
- One year of experience in Tableau Server Administration;
- Two years of experience working with customers in data validation, troubleshooting, or collecting business requirements;
- Two satisfactorily completed statistics courses from an accredited college or one year of professional experience using statistics;
- Seven years of experience performing database development using SQL or Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (“PL/SQL”); and
- One year of experience developing a data analytics ETL environment to support Tableau visualizations.
The selected Consultant will be expected to start work on or after March 3, 2020.
In addition, the selected Consultant shall:
- Work a 40-hour workweek during regular OSC business hours (i.e., between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding observed State legal holidays). The Consultant may be allowed to work remotely on a very limited basis with prior OSC approval.
- Work at OSC's office building located at 110 State Street in Albany, NY. Occasional travel to meetings at other New York State agency offices located within the Capital Region may be required at OSC’s request.
- Report directly to the Director of the Bureau or designee.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $0.00 /hour