Motivated to grow with a stable organization? SPX Cooling Technologies is a leading global manufacturer of sustainable evaporative cooling systems, servicing commercial HVAC and industrial markets for nearly a century. Hospitals, data centers, oil and gas refineries, power plants and process cooling facilities worldwide rely on SPX Cooling’s Marley, Recold and SGS brands. Beginning as the Marley Company nearly 100 years ago, it was the first cooling tower manufacturer to pioneer cooling solutions for large industrial applications. Since then, we have evolved to provide innovative solutions for iconic buildings and essential infrastructure.
New hires to SPX Cooling enjoy benefits that begin on the first day of work, including professional development opportunities such as mentorship and tuition assistance, a competitive compensation and bonus plan, flexible health plan, 401(k) match, and opportunities for career advancement.
SPX Cooling and its brands are active in more than 80 countries and is rapidly growing organically and through acquisitions, as part of SPX Corporation (SPXC).
With its people-centric culture, SPX prides itself on attracting top talent to the industry. Apply to work for an excellent team and help us keep the world cool!
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley and Recold product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
SPX Cooling Technologies operates in 20 countries worldwide and is the world's preeminent full-line, full-service cooling tower and air-cooled condenser manufacturer. Since 1883, Balcke, Marley, and Hamon Dry Cooling-the businesses that formed SPX Cooling Technologies-have generated more than 250 global patents in the global power generation, industrial, refrigeration and HVAC markets.
The purpose of this position is to construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures of wood, fiberglass, and concrete using carpenter’s tools and power tools. Install mechanical motors, fans and fan shafts.
- Reads blue prints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, dimensions of the structure or fixture
- Select lumber and other materials to be used on the assigned job
- Prepares layout, using rule, framing square and calipers.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials using pencil, chalk, and marking gage.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements using saws, chisels, and chainsaws.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, bolts, or glue.
- Alignment of mechanical equipment and performs piping
- Assists with the erection of framework
- Fits and installs material as needed
- Additional tasks as assigned by Foreman and/or Superintendent
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years construction/cooling tower experience
Thank you for your interest in our company.