ShapeShift is the leading non-custodial Digital Asset Platform that allows users to access crypto services, tools, and data. Since 2014, ShapeShift has pioneered a new era of digital finance, earning a place as one of the most beloved and respected brands in a booming and volatile new industry.
Led by industry veteran Erik Voorhees, the company is seeking out the best new team members to further scale the organization and maintain leadership while the phenomenon of decentralized digital finance expands around the globe.
ShapeShift is seeking a process-driven, energetic, and motivated Junior Recruiter for the People Team. The objective of the Junior Recruiter is to provide support to the Recruitment Team with duties that include sourcing, screening, reporting, market research, participation in career events, and administration of logistics and systems. This position requires a terrific customer service-oriented approach in all prospective and current employee relations. Along with the rest of the Talent Acquisition Team, the Junior Recruiter, will serve as the "face" of the company to all potential, incoming, and current ShapeShift employees, assuring a seamless recruitment experience. As the position involves handling a candidates' personal information, this person is expected to maintain proper security for all files and follow privacy procedure at all times.
To be successful in this role, the Junior Recruiter should be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires. This role provides an exciting entry level opportunity to help scale ShapeShift and help build a valuable, happy, thriving, and productive organization.
Goals of Position
- Source and screen resumes for both technical and non-technical open roles across the company
- Conduct preliminary phone screens with candidates
- Coordinate and conduct interviews with department managers, working with them to identify and sell ideal candidates
- Track and document all candidate activity, ensuring data integrity and reporting accuracy within the ATS
- Conduct pre-employment required screens including background checks
- Facilitate the candidate reference list and scheduling of calls
- Generate hiring status reports for distribution within People Team, Leadership, and across hiring managers
- Assist recruiters in full recruiting process on an as needed basis
- Represent company at conferences and attend external recruiting events
- Research market dynamics and competitive landscape for potential or open requisitions
- Perform a variety of administrative support tasks
Success Metrics of Position Goals
- Hit time-based deadlines for candidate lifecycle, administrative tasks, and research projects
- Generate requested reports on time with appropriate detail and with reliable data accuracy
- Ensure full details of candidate profile within ATS
- Provide ample and diverse candidates for role consideration
- Deliver and present highly qualified candidates through sourcing, screening, and initial stages of interviews
- Provide a high level of engagement during recruiting events and conferences with an "always be recruiting" attitude
- Provide outstanding internal customer service to hiring managers across the company
- Present strong, proactive, and clear communication to team members and hiring managers regarding open recs, potential employees, and candidate qualifications
- Identify improvement areas and set improvement goals with manager within the hiring process
- Ability to manage 20-25 open requisitions at any given time
- Metric driven, with a solid foundation of how to use metrics to measure success and progress with candidates in the talent pipeline so that processes are transparent and measurable
- Proficiency in use of social media, internal, and external job boards
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Ability to work independently, enthusiastically, and creatively
- Active listening and intentional speech
- Excellent professional communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask and assist with projects simultaneously
- Proven flexibility during periods of rapid growth, with ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment
- Demonstration of strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, always approachable and professional
- Strong sense for exceptional customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, GDrive)
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 1-3 Years of general recruiting experience at tech company or at staffing agency
- Experience with use of and report generation within Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting from job requisition request to onboarding
Some travel required (up to 25%) locally and nationally
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ShapeShift is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.