United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10253256
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
11/13/2018 - 11/18/2018
This job has an exam requirement. Examining capacity has been reached for this posting. Applicants with an eligible exam
score will be considered. Applicants without an exam score cannot be considered. If you apply without an exam score, you
may be invited to take the exam later if job opportunities remain unfilled. Exam invitations are sent by email; watch your
email and spam filters. Veterans are encouraged to apply and will receive preference in examining in accordance with
Veteran Preference laws and regulations.
310 N COMMERCE ST
MADISONVILLE, TX 77864-9998
CONTACT INFORMATION: Carol.L.Wehmeyer@usps.gov
Title: SALES, SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 2320-0003
Non-Scheduled Days: Varies
Window training is required after hire, followed by an end-of-training test on which employee must qualify to remain
SALARY RANGE: $20.75 - $27.96 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 485545
BENEFIT INFORMATION: This is a career position which offers excellent benefits. Newly hired employees are covered by
the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Upon hire, employees are eligible to contribute into the Thrift Savings
Plan (TSP) which is similar to 401(k) plans. We also offer the option to enroll into the Federal Employees Health Benefits
(FEHB) program as well as the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI). Dental, Vision and Long-Term Care
Insurance Programs as well as Flexible Spending Accounts to cover eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care
(day care) expenses are also available. We offer extra pay when working on a federal holiday (10 per calendar year) as well
as accrued vacation and sick leave.
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United
States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’
preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity. You must
have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and
background checks will be conveyed by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list to allow
all correspondences to be received.
@usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com @uspis.gov
EXAM REQUIRED: If you are invited to take this test, instructions regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email.
Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be
considered for this employment opportunity.
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this
employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses
may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
Current non-career Postal Service employees who wish to apply for this vacancy must go to usps.com/employment and use
your existing eCareer Profile to apply. Do not log into LiteBlue; if you logged into LiteBlue, log out and close your browser
before going to usps.com/employment.
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective
public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and
selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products and services and may use a computerized system, accepting and
delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and domestic postal money orders; accepting and
responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the public regarding postal regulations.
2. Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special
interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides special assistance;
and answers customer inquiries when needed.
3. Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive
selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding
product features and services.
4. Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
5. Maintains appearance of store by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures
display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers.
6. Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports
to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
7. May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications , computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers' credit
8. Checks and sets post office stamp-vending machines and postage meters.
9. Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
10. In addition, may assign and clear accountable items.
11. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the
distribution scheme established for the office, branch or station.
12. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of outgoing mail for dispatch based on knowledge of current
13. May perform additional duties such as: maintain records of mails; face and cancel mail; make emergency carrier relays;
label and tie out mail for dispatch and other related duties for distribution.
Supervisor, Customer Services, or other supervisor/designee.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.