Google is known for our innovative technologies, products and services — and for the people behind them. The Google People Services (GPS) team focuses on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers. As a Project Coordinator, you will enthusiastically represent the Google brand and build our talent pipeline. Whether it’s making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you will have an eye on the staffing needs of Google and the broader hiring landscape. You'll be focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for Google's long-term hiring needs, and you are the glue that ties together a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams.
The People Operations Process Design & Technology team (PD&T) is responsible for prioritizing and delivering the most impactful technology and process solutions for the People Operations Organization. We inform the strategy, drive alignment to business goals, ensure measurable ROI and robust change management plans are in place.
The project coordinator is a generalist primarily providing support to the Learning & Development sub-team with opportunities to contribute to projects that span all of PD&T.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Manage feedback on our core L&D systems, triage inquiries as necessary, report trends and themes to inform requirements.
- Ensure help center, admin and feedback pages are updated and content stays current, provide design support and update the team website. Support communications efforts by managing our comms calendar, drafting comms and capturing user success stories.
- Identify problems and opportunities for enhancing processes; define, execute and assess improvement options. Provide support to team members on consultative process design and technology engagements by managing overall timelines, deliverables, releases with seamless coordination on select projects.
- Track data, aggregate metrics and provide support with regular reporting. Support change management and adoption efforts and track functional plans.
- Act in a self-directed manner and be a detail-oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute to the organization's reputation and success.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience in HR, consulting, operations, etc.
- Experience with Google Apps (spreadsheets and docs).
- Experience in an analytical, consulting or business operations role
- Experience with SQL
- Familiarity with HR operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Creative problem-solving skills, ability to employ sound judgment in complex situations.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented; ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous projects.
- Interest in Lean and/or process design principles
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.