Note: This is a 2-year term limited appointment.
The College of Arts, Sciences and Letters (CASL) is seeking an energetic and innovative Marketing Assistant Associate to provide marketing support to the college. In addition, to the responsibilities below, successful candidates will need to have a creative approach to prepare proposals, presentation and communication materials (i.e., newsletters, websites, social media platforms, etc.). In addition, work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the college and university, possess an outcome-oriented focus on their work, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Manage and write for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters to ensure consistency, variety, and promotion of CASL news, events, undergraduate/graduate studies for the large audience of current and prospective students, faculty and staff, alumni, transfer students, etc.
- Maintain and analyze weekly and monthly social media reports from each platform to understand post productivity and identifying room for social media growth.
- Attend campus social media meetings and webinars to receive training, tips, and techniques, and best practices.
Writing and Video:
- Interview faculty, staff, students and alumni for the writing of newsletter articles, and supplemental writing for videos.
- Manage, write, and recruit writers for CASL alumni blog, posting new content monthly.
- Attend monthly communication meetings to plan and discuss stories for upcoming newsletters (internal CASL newsletter and alumni e-newsletter)
- Assist with day-of logistics for CASL events
- Collaborate with CASL Marketing and Outreach Coordinator on digital marketing efforts and event creation and planning
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
- One year experience working in communications, marketing or social media in a professional setting.
- A high attention to detail and content formatting.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy in communications (including spelling, grammar and fact checking abilities) or experience with editing copy with precision.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor tone and/or message across various social media platforms.
- Familiarity with research regarding social media best practices.
- Excellent judgement regarding ethics and standards of communications.
- Ability to work in open, collaborative space.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time, task and information organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously as required.
- Familiarity with an academic environment or setting.
- Knowledge of University systems, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint