Making a career move is a big decision. At ditech, we have one of the industry’s most well-known brands. And while we’re committed to providing our customers with an exceptional experience, we believe that our employees deserve a great work environment, where they can grow, learn and achieve their professional dreams. Professional, friendly and encouraging; we are a fast-paced, fun place to work, learn and develop your skills. You’ll be creating a promising career for yourself and have the opportunity to earn a good living while helping our customers achieve an important life goal, homeownership.
Senior Accounting Manager of Financial Analysis, Reporting and Controls, Servicing Segment
This position will report to the Servicing Accounting Director and support the Ditech Controller. Position is responsible for financial analysis, reporting and controls as well as close management for the Servicing Segment. Functional duties include preparation and/or review of management analytics and financial review packages, oversight of the financial close process, oversight of the control environment, coordination of SOX and external audit requests, and review of 10Q/K disclosure support.
The position will be involved in documenting procedures, identifying areas of risk and controls, and administrating a change control process for the team. Candidate should be a strong team player with the ability to work independently. Candidate must be able to work to meet tight deadlines and adapt in a changing environment.
- Responsible for preparation and/or review and enhancement of monthly financial review package
- Preparation and/or review of other GAAP, cash-based or ad hoc financial reporting for controllership and business management
- Oversee preparation and completion of monthly analytics relative to prior periods, business plan and forecast including consideration of any key business drivers
- Coordinate and oversee month-end close ensuring entries are recorded in alignment with a 5 day month end close cycle
- Responsible for understanding core and default servicing processes and partnering with related business partners
- Independently identify problem areas, sift through multiple data sources, develop a sound analytical framework, and present results to senior management
- Lead team to document and track data issues and build/identify robust reporting to help mitigate risk and identify business opportunities for future system enhancements
- Apply change management techniques to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement, strengthening of controls and efficiencies to mitigate operational risk
- Oversee preparation and review of supporting schedules for quarterly/annual earnings releases, presentations, disclosures and audits
- Oversee and coordination of external quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as assigned
- Support system enhancements, integration and conversions, ensuring system integration with ledger supports accounting requirements.
- Strategically plan for and oversee staff including mentoring, hiring, training, development, monitoring, and evaluating employees.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years Accounting or Finance experience, CPA preferred
- 3+ years public accounting experience
- Financial reporting experience, including balance sheet, income statements and cash flows
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and SOX control requirements
- Passion for partnering with business and collaborating with other finance team members
- Excellent communication, analytical, accounting, and financial skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Self-motivated professional with ability to prioritize and strong attention to details
- Excellent technical skills, with strong focus on MS Excel, Access, and SQL knowledge
Ditech Holding Corporation (“DHC”), Ditech Financial LLC (“Ditech”) and Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. (“RMS”) and their affiliates are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process or if you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.