Boat Works, located in South Windsor, CT, has been servicing consumers, commercial clients, manufactures and municipalities for over 30 years. Boat Works provides recreational boat owners with a range of maintenance and repair services, as well as a selection of new and used boats.
Boat Works is seeking a part-time bookkeeper in its administrative department. This position offers flexible hours that fit your schedule and the opportunity to work at a down-to-earth and team-oriented small business.
Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and accuracy are important qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate should also be reliable, excellent at multi-tasking, and able to adhere to deadlines.
- Create and maintain an efficient procedure to process A/P, A/R, and GL transactions.
- Bill all outstanding A/R on a regular basis as to be determined by management.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal budgetary reporting and tax requirements.
- Account for and file all business related taxes.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misplaced cash transactions.
- Complete all monthly financial transactions and provide income statements to management. Reports to include variance reports for actual income/expense vs. budgeted income/expense.
- Aid in preparing financial contract packages and registration forms for new boat sales as required.
- Cost out sales transactions and provide sales report to management.
- Complete payroll documents as required.
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank deposits.
- Assist in preparing yearly company and department budgets.
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 4-year bachelor degree in accounting or related field (preferred)
- 4+ years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports (preferred)
- Connecticut State Notary (preferred but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze complex financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projection
- Extensive experience with accurate data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and work efficiently and accurately
- Proficient problem solving
- Must be able to stand a reference check for credibility
COMPENSATION & HOURS:
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience
- 16 to 20 hrs. weekly on average
- Very flexible schedule pertaining to days and hours required
Job Type: Part-time
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)