We are hiring the following positions:
- 1st Grade Teacher
- 2nd Grade Teacher
- 3rd Grade Teacher
-4th Grade Teacher
Phoenix Advantage Charter School is located in the central corridor of Phoenix and is proudly serving students in grades K-8. Phoenix Advantage is partnering with the Arizona Charter Association to reconstruct, revision and re-image this school into an A-Rated school serving at-risk and below grade level students while challenging and extending our high performers. We believe that every student deserves a well-rounded education to open doors of opportunity!
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Highly Qualified in Elementary Education
- Must have current DPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card (State of AZ)
- Ability to work well with students, staff and parents; good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Regular and on-time attendance required
- Follows lesson plans and instructional materials and provides direct instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis and seeks the assistance of specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assesses progress and preparation of students for the AIMS (Arizona’s Instrument to Measure Standards).
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules of classroom behavior and procedure, while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day when required (Open House, Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.).
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of all students in all areas of the school.
- All other duties as assigned.
- United Healthcare
- VSP Vision Care
- Delta Dental
- Unum Life, Short-term, and Long-term Disability
- All at almost no cost to the employee!
Please visit our website at www.phoenixadvantage.org to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year