Leading edge, dynamic company with great benefits!
The Regional Sales Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop new opportunities for Piller products in the marketplace and to be the field-based point of contact for existing/new customers. The ultimate goal for the Regional Sales Manager is to exceed the annual sales target set at the beginning of the year.
Job location: Atlanta, Georgia
The job requires the candidate to have an electrical or mechanical engineering degree.
- To grow the sales of Capital Equipment products, on a turnkey basis within the existing established territory.
- To develop new capital equipment sales opportunities within your specified sales territory.
- Maximize the profitable sale of capital equipment within your territory.
- On occasion, on an assignment or project basis activities may be outside of this area.
No direct reports, however each RSM is responsible for the training, direction, support, utilization and upgrading of all manufacturers’ representatives in an assigned territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To engage in direct sales activities within the assigned territory in order to profitably maintain and develop market share for Piller capital equipment sales.
- To identify new business prospects, develop lasting relationships and turn projects into profitable capital equipment sales.
- In association with the Vice President Sales, devise and develop sales strategies so as to provide growth in both new and existing markets/product area.
- Timely reporting to the Vice President Sales and President & CEO of all activities relating to the employees duties, both through word of mouth and formal systems.
- To develop new accounts in both new and existing markets across the allocated area and as directed by the Vice President Sales.
- Provide forecasts to the Vice President Sales.
- Prepare sales reports on activities conducted in the region
- To develop and deliver sales presentations.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates, quotation, proposals and contract agreements and provide timely copies of these for his/her own and company filing system.
- To provide regular feedback of market and competitive data to the Vice President Sales.
- Travel – 50% Minimum.
Minimum Qualifications (education/training requirements/knowledge, skills and abilities):
- The Regional Sales Manager must have a four-year electrical or mechanical engineering degree. In addition, effective communication, management, organization, and planning skills are required.
- Five (5) years of experience in successful marketing of high tech industrial products in the electrical or computer fields is desirable.
- Have a strong personality, tenacious and committed.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful record in selling capital equipment to end users, consultants, contractors and specifiers.
- Self-motivated and achievement oriented. Capable of showing evidence of developing business in a competitive market.
- Have worked in a competitive sales environment.
- Ideally have received some formal Commercial and Sales training.
- Experience of contract negotiation, and commercially astute.
- Possess excellent people skills and have the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Computer literate.
- Be able to manage change, where required.
- Possess effective planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to take the initiative, seize opportunities, overcome resistance and adopt a “can do” attitude.
- Strategic vision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- Determination and tenacity
- Energy and stamina
- Achievement orientated
- Honesty and integrity
- Self starter
- Good personal presentation
- The desired candidate will be expected to represent the company at all levels and therefore will be articulate, well presented and able to project a confident and professional manner.
- Become member of local chapters on technical organizations that support or influence activities in our industry
- President & CEO
- Finance Director/Controller
- Sales Team
- Piller GmbH Personnel
- Sales Representatives
Job Type: Full-time
- Successful marketing of high tech industrial products: 5 years (Preferred)