Full Job Description
Interacts with patients and communicates with personnel from various departments and support services as well as the public and department co-workers. Provides administrative and clerical support to the Radiology department.
1. Communication Skills: Telephones are answered in a courteous/professional manner. Accurate and complete telephone messages are taken, calls are screened and transferred to the appropriate party.
2. Demonstrates a pro-active role in facilitating a smooth operation of the office.: Consistently performs duties with little or no supervision. Maintains clerical supplies and orders as necessary. Displays resourcefulness in completion of daily tasks and special projects.
3. Greet/Assist Guests/customers in processing and completion of paperwork: Guests/customers greeted upon arrival to department, given complete and accurate instructions, communicated in a clear and concise manner to fill out necessary paperwork pertaining to their appropriate tests.
4. Knowledge and understanding of computer systems including hospital EMR,PACS and any computer systems used by the network: Consistently demonstrates the ability to properly use these systems including the necessity for security of these systems.
5. Maintaining Distribution of Additional Billing Information: Outpatient facesheets, Radiology Billing Info and Consent Authorization for Billing and Treatment Form, and a copy of the Report Facesheet (if appropriate) are collected and forwarded to the appropriate department. Accurately and properly schedules appointments, which includes but not limited to obtaining appropriate clinical, demographic and financial documentation.
6. Provides Clerical Support: Assist other Team members to fulfill department needs (test ordering, test result processing, making copies, filing, mailing, telephone calls, film/report/CD's retrieval/printing/faxing. Assists with the release of medical information.
7. Responsible for Patient/Data management: Maintains consistent records for billing and appropriate tracking (activating accounts, patient in/out, film sign-/sign/out log, responds timely to film requests. Appropriately rescheduling guests/customers and maintains a system for cancellations.
8. Schedules Guests/customer appointments: Guests/customers are scheduled appropriately based on physician script requests/order/medical history. Appropriate instructions given for Pre-registration and specific test preparation.
9. Work area is neat, clean and is properly stocked daily with supplies; also notifies the leader when supplies are low. Assures that patient waiting areas are neat, clean, and properly maintained.
10. Performs administrative duties related to scheduling appointments, patient's instruction, maintenance of records, reception of patients and other administrative duties as required. 11. Renders services and/or assistance to all patients depending on the individual patient's needs and abilities in moving.
12. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
13. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patient care.
14. Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
15. Performs daily clerical duties, which includes the use of EPIC, PACS, Teletracking System, computer system, patient scheduling, and other computer systems as added by hospital. 16. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
17. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
18. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.