Network, develop new business and manage projects in the Greater New York State Region (Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse)
Business Development: Contribute to the growth of the company.
Deliver senior level project management and/or supervision over JLL client projects.
Provide superior client service and employee management.
Enhance own professional and personal skills.
Meet assigned financial targets.
- Represent JLL brand in support of business expansion within the Greater New York Region: Manage projects in a manner which will attain a high level of client satisfaction while maintaining a level of profitability suitable to JLL standards.
- Interact and effectively sell JLL PDS services to potential clients as well as local A&E and Construction firms at all levels - sourcing and securing of new business and projects within local markets.
- Directing project management activities for a dedicated client where JLL is the selected firm.
- Oversee reporting on project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts.
- For selected projects, where the Project Owner role is assigned, oversee project implementation and execution through completion of construction at multiple sites through local resources.
- Develop project budget including hard costs and soft costs and firm knowledge of construction cost/benefit analysis.
- Provide technical support; project budgeting and scheduling including Owner’s goals & objectives, site improvements, entitlements & permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assist in the assembly and management of required teams of consultants and contractors.
- Negotiate contracts with Market leads for variable resources when required.
- Interface with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors.
- Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
- Provide appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develop relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Management Committee and Regional Manager.
- Assist Management Committee and Regional Manager in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Assist in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of client and firm procedures, governance, and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of PDS and client technology as required for assigned projects.
- Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables.
- Assist PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Minimum of 10 -15 years of experience in managing design and construction of multiple projects across a broad geography.
- Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling and process as they relate to corporate real estate.
- Ability to lead individuals across a national platform to deliver superior results in client service.
- Considerable experience in banking, healthcare or other retail space and commercial office design & construction preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional manner and computer literacy
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Experience, skill and interest in business development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Project software.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .