Under direction, this classification will work directly under full time City event planners to produce various community and regional events through the year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hours for these positions will vary throughout the year, with some weeks being 15 or more hours and some weeks where there are no events, and therefore, no hours.
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours/days, including weekdays (particularly Thursdays), weekends, and evenings.
- No more than 1,000 hours per year
Education and Experience:
- Assist Coordinator with the management of cleaning and maintain equipment at the warehouse
- Assist Coordinator with the implementation of event setups and tear downs as the lead Part Time Staff
- Report incidents and accidents
- Follow and enforce City policies
- Assist in setting up and tearing down equipment for a variety of different events including the Cowboy Festival, Santa Clarita Marathon, 4th of July Fireworks, monthly Thursdays@ Newhall events , Concerts in the Park and many others.
- Provide information to event attendees and working event booths.
- Provide technical assistance for stage lighting and sound for various events.
- Assist in maintenance of event grounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
• HS Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Valid California driver's license and good driving record
- 2 year of prior event production experience required
- For technical assistance, experience with lighting and sound equipment
• Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to drive large trucks with trailers
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Flexibility to work a variety of days/hours
- Ability to lift, carry and push equipment, and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.