The primary effort of the Sr. Project Controls Specialist (SR PCS) is to work with our clients and project delivery team by developing cost and schedule baselines and Earned Value Management (EVMS) for several large federal construction projects. Collecting and analyzing monthly cost and schedule progress; identifying and assisting in analyzing project variances; ensuring risk reserves are updated and integrated into project financial forecasts; and managing and reporting this information to appropriate levels in standard formats. Supports the implementation of financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques. Interfaces with member of the project teams and various levels of management. The SR PCS will handle multiple projects and work independently, provide oversight as project lead, and provide mentoring to junior staff. The SR PCS will be able to execute assigned work within budgets on all work they oversee as a project lead. Additional responsibility would include developing Project Controls best practices. Will eventually be required to manage a team of up to 5 Project Controllers.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field.
- Advanced P6 user.
- Advanced level competency in both schedule and cost control.
- Advanced level understanding of Project Controls, Scheduling, and EVMS systems and principles required.
- PMP preferred.
- Experience in working with large Federal Construction Projects preferred.
- Understanding of Project Management required.
- Have a high emotional intelligence. Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
Responsibilities & Competencies…
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes integrated critical path schedules for major projects and/or portfolio of projects in accordance with contract specifications.
- Develops and documents project planning considerations and objectives, scope and milestones to incorporate into the schedule.
- Gathers project progress information from project manager and project team members to update and monitor the project.
- Evaluates and updates data regarding schedule dates, physical percent complete, resource requirements, subcontractor commitments and project accruals.
- Reviews schedule progress and productivity of resources.
- Develops time-phased project cost and resource forecasts; validates project costs; updates requirements as required.
- Monitors progress of project deliverables and actual expenditures versus forecasts.
- Performs performance reporting for a portfolio of projects or programs using Earned Value Management.
- Conducts financial analysis including variance, risk and profit/loss analyses, etc.
- Performs nonroutine analyses and prepares non-routine financial reports.
- Documents and assesses the impact of project changes on cost/schedule baselines.
- Evaluates and raises project early warning signals to project manager.
- Evaluates and recommends resource realignments to maintain project execution.
- Generates and analyzes earned value reports for projects and discuss any observations with the project manager.
- Performs portfolio analysis and review findings with portfolio managers with respect to On Time Delivery, Risk Forecasts, and Project Gross Profit Erosion etc.
- Evaluates project execution and impact of developing trends using prescribed methodologies to determine if project is proceeding within available resources and budget.
- Prepares client and internal status reports to communicate cost status and documents trends.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures such as federal/government regulations.
- Uses appropriate document management protocols to manage the storage and retrieval of project documentation.
- Leads project teams and reviews the work of junior staff as necessary. Provides mentoring to junior staff such as giving feedback on technical issues, managing relationships and career/organizational issues.
- Responsible for growing work with existing clients, identifying new business development opportunities, and work with management to close new opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Communicate clearly to clients the overall value of MSLLC’s services to their projects/programs.
- Provide expertise and innovation regarding project controls and/or project management methodologies, technologies, and techniques that can be implemented into our internal processes and offered as solution to our clients.
- Fulfill the MSLLC Firmwide Behaviors Philosophy "Live the core values, Deliver to clients, Foster collaboration, Demonstrate leadership, Develop expertise” and motivates others to do the same.
- Represent the company and present at meetings and/or conferences. Work externally with providers or clients as assigned. Make recommendations for improvements and/or efficiencies to management.
- Performs other duties as required.
Who we are…
Management Solutions, LLC (MSLLC) is a national award-winning management consulting firm that specializes in project execution, strategic consulting and change management. MSLLC has three primary divisions: government operations, construction management and healthcare strategies. MSLLC was also just selected as one of the Top Employers in the Greater Knoxville area.
MSLLC is highly committed to helping our clients manage and mitigate the risks associated with the uncertainties that accompany projects. We focus on providing technical knowledge, enhancing professional standards and developing innovative solutions that increase productivity and add business value for our clients.
MSLLC has offices in Knoxville, Tennessee and Washington, DC., and has performed work across the nation. MSLLC takes a rigorous approach to recruiting talent to our company that balances equal parts technical acumen and cultural fit. Our process ensures that we can provide the right professional, with the proper expertise, to each and every one of our clients.
As experts in the project management space, we believe effective project delivery should be the rule, not the exception. Far from being a one-size-fits-all solutions provider, we provide right-sized project management support, tailored to best fit the needs of our clients. With a results-driven focus, we listen to our clients and work to help them meet their specific project, program and organizational goals.
We began in construction, but today our professionals partner with a broad mix of government, healthcare, construction management and commercial clients across the country with the expertise needed to deliver successful projects from start to finish.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $110,000.00 to $145,000.00 /year
- Primavera P6: 5 years (Preferred)
- Earned Value Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 10 years (Preferred)