QxBranch is seeking a talented data scientist with a background in machine learning and taking data science solutions through to production. The successful applicant will be invited to join our welcoming, diverse team in Oxford/London and work on innovative solutions to diverse problems. The role will require you to interact with clients and collaborate with QxBranch’s passionate team of data scientists and systems engineers, shaping data analytics solutions to meet client needs.
QxBranch offers a flexible, equal-opportunity workplace with an engaged and talented team delivering high-quality projects on the cutting edge of technology. Occasional inter-city and international travel for client workshops and technical networking will be required.
We are seeking people with a range of experience within the industry, from talented recent graduates to those with many years, covering the full spectrum of data science practices.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in and qualification for the role.
- Prototype, develop, and deploy complex analytics models for client systems
- Organise, manage, and curate large and complex datasets
- Work in an internationally distributed team, with schedule flexibility
- Deliver high quality technical outcomes while adhering to cost and schedule constraints
- Continue technical and professional development to ensure QxBranch technology remains on the cutting edge
Education and experience requirements
- Proficiency in Python and common machine learning packages such as scikit-learn, NLTK, and Theano
- Competence in all portions of the data analytics pipeline, including ingest, cleaning, feature extraction, modelling, statistical validation, and visualisation / reporting
- Bachelor of Science or higher in engineering, science, or mathematics, with specialisations related to computer science preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, including internships, part-time positions, and graduate level education
- Expertise in one or more of: natural language processing, probabilistic modelling, time series analysis, anomaly detection, deep learning, behavioural analysis, causal analysis
- Analytics experience in finance, insurance, cyber security, and/or sports
- Proficiency in other analytics technologies, such as R, SQL, CUDA, Hadoop, and Spark
- Experience with Dataiku's Data Science Studio
Who are we?
- An agile company, with multiple clients among the Fortune Global 500
- An inclusive team culture that fosters and rewards excellence
- Competitive salary based on candidates’ ability to perform
- Modern, high-performance development environment and tools
- An equal opportunity workplace
- Flexible working hours
QxBranch is bringing world-class skills in systems engineering, data analytics, machine learning, quantum computing, and risk analysis together to produce innovative solutions to client problems across industry sectors.
QxBranch is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Adelaide, Oxford, London and Hong Kong. Our clients include investment banks, hedge funds, pharmaceutical companies, industrial corporations, government, and other start-ups.