The Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for handling all aspects of the DOJ-mandated Monitorship, as well as overseeing the execution of certain aspects of the Third Partial Consent Decree and Plea Agreement (3PCD) and Criminal Plea Agreement.
The role of the Senior Project Management Specialist is to assist the Head/Deputy Head of PMO with program governance and steering, including: management of the project management methodology, tracking and reporting the status of program deliverables and milestones, risk/issue identification and coordination, and stakeholder management. The Senior Project Management Analyst will generally be assigned to one of the two key workstreams of the Independent Compliance Monitorship (with secondary/support responsibility for the other):
(1) Antifraud, Ethics and Compliance or (2) Emissions and Environmental
In addition, the Senior Project Management Specialist may be assigned direct project responsibility for one or more business areas including: responding/facilitating Monitor document or meeting requests, accompanying Monitor and/or external Auditor activities, providing regular project activity status updates, and assisting the business in clarifying obligations, developing action plans, and securing necessary resources.
Program governance (20%)
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating standards, processes, documentation and reporting which is agile, fits the structure of the Monitorship, and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with all relevant Monitor and Auditor obligations and deadlines (self, PMO team, business units).
Project steering (30%)
- Monitor Workstream, Working Group, and Area of Focus deliverables and timelines to proactively identify any adverse variances and risks and escalate accordingly.
- Act as the point of contact for PMO inquiries and feedback for assigned workstream.
- Develop and leverage positive relationships with Group PMO organizations, VWGoA Area Leads, and Business Unit leadership/teams to enable the PMO to support and facilitate business unit fulfillment of obligations and commitments under the Monitorship.
- Promote implementation of lessons learned and best practices across workstreams / areas of focus.
Planning and reporting (30%)
- Track and report on workstream performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all activities.
- Support Head of PMO with development of reports, presentations, and proposals for VWGoA and Group committees (i.e. VWGoA Board, K-VAM, etc.).
- Contribute to the flow of communication within the PMO team by actively participating in team meetings.
- Assist Head/Deputy PMO with stakeholder management and implementation of a regular communication framework.
Perform other roles and duties as needed (10%)
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated experience managing/tracking large projects and initiatives across multiple departments and organizations
- Experience developing and/or deploying project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to independently synthesize data to develop business cases and presentations
- Effective interfacing with external consultants and resources
- Ability to identify risks and propose solutions
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations comfortably to large audiences
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Project management certification (ex. PMP)
- Experience working in business functions related to one or more of the areas of focus (i.e. compliance, human resources, engineering, environmental management, etc.)
- Project management of internal or external audits
- General knowledge of U.S. automotive industry standards and regulations
- Knowledge of Volkswagen Group organization, policies, and processes preferred (but not required)
Occasional domestic and international (Germany) travel as necessary (approx. 10-20%)
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Type: Full-time