If you are upbeat, energetic with a heavy emphasis on local products and excellent customer service skills, you may be the individual we are looking for to join our team!
Beer retailer unlike any other; we don’t just sell products, we believe Beer should inspire friendship and fun. We are looking for a Manager to lead the operations of our shop through that lens and are passionate about creating a unique, customer-focused environment.
As a Retail Store Manager with Hops Scotch, you’ll oversee all aspects of our retail store—from bottle to glass. From hiring & training knowledgeable associates to executing merchandise to workshop presentations, you’ll set the standard of success within our shop. It’s no easy feat, but every day you come into work you’ll take pride in knowing that you're making a real difference in the Art of Beer.
In a store as busy as ours, we need all hands on deck to ensure we are operating efficiently. You’ll lead an Assistant Manager to success in the following areas:
- Customer Engagement: with extensive knowledge of our products and a passion for beer, our goal is to have customers discover something they'll love.
- Merchandising & Inventory: with a heavy emphasis on local products, store presentation, our merchandise and Inventory play an integral role in helping our beer drinkers find exactly what they need, right when they need it.
- Associate Leadership: with an emphasis on training and development, ensuring that our team has the education they need to distinguish color, smell, taste and the ingredients of our beer to our drinkers.
- .Services: There’s more to our stores than just the merchandise—it’s the services and knowledge that we offer. Workshops run weekly will need to be organized and provide our drinkers with fun but interesting experience.
Just like we’re there for beer drinkers at every stage of their experience, we’ll be with you at every stage of your career, too. With Hops Scotch, you will have opportunities to develop your leadership skills with on-going development education, as well as tackle the challenge of a new store opening.
We’ve highlighted job responsibilities as best as we could above—but the best parts of working at Hops Scotch can’t be fully described in the job description.
Working at Hops Scotch is not a job, it’s a community of those who work together for the love of Beer.
- Genuinely friendly
- Passionate about providing great service.
- Has a really great smile and is not afraid to use it.
- Good listener.
- Positive outlook on life and happy to be alive.
- Did I say really, really, really friendly
Preferred Experience & Certifications: (Bonus if you have all or any of these items, will provide/train for the right candidate)
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
- Cicerone server certification
- Food handler certification
- Passion for great beer, food, and life
- Experience in selling to small businesses in a Retail or Service environment
- Ability to network and build community involvement
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Experience and confidence leading a team
- Ability to coach a diverse team of individuals and hold them accountable for results
- 21yrs or older
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years leading a sales team in a retail or service environment
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuing education through workshops, seminars, and conferences
Required: Please send a cover letter explaining why this position is a great fit for you and include your previous experience. Please put "The Art of Beer" somewhere in your cover letter to show us you have great attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- Food & Beverage: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 4 years (Required)
- Retail Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 4 years (Required)
- Deer Park, NY (Preferred)
- Food Manager Certification (Preferred)
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server (Preferred)
- Evening (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Paid time off
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Employee discounts
- Parental leave