We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover and shop for beauty and grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy and fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty and grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying and buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
Why are Associate Merchants important to Birchbox?
Our Merchant teams are the force behind our mission at Birchbox- without them, we would not be able to give consumers a personalized way to discover and shop for new beauty and grooming products. As an integral member within the Merchandising team, the Associate Merchants provide daily support to the Merchants which entails: researching, data entry, creation of sales materials, generating reports, client communication, project management, and much more. Overall, they provide assistance and support to the team so together we can drive new partnerships with brands and deliver great products to our customers.
As an Associate Merchant of Product Development & Beauty Partnerships, you will:
A successful candidate has:
- Merchandising & Account Management for Beauty Partnerships
- Support Senior Manager in account management on key beauty partnerships, including daily brand communication, merchandising in-box, on-site and offline
- Launch product and brand pages on Birchbox.com, reviewing pages and descriptions to ensure that all products are accurately presented across the site
- Maintain and update detailed client information using internal tools and Salesforce
- Collect and maintain physical samples in office
- Monitor weekly/monthly sales and generate reports
- Work closely with Supply Chain team and brand partners on shipment and product related issues
- Assist in project managing brand campaigns with Marketing, PR, and Social/Content
- Product & Brand Development
- Support Senior Manager in executing brand plans to deliver growth targets for owned brands
- Support merchandising team in creating strategic concepts for new category and product development, and assist in attaining buy-in from leadership
- Assist in concept-to-launch execution of cosmetic launches from a product development and product marketing point of view, including creation of product briefs, claims and benefits, packaging selection, product testing, product positioning/naming, shade selection, and more
- Assist in creating strategic brand materials (i.e. new product launch decks, strategy slides, product positioning, etc.)
- Conduct consumer research (partnering with Customer Research team) to further gain a deeper understanding of our target customer, ensuring innovation pipeline is compelling, trend-right and on-brand
- Stay abreast of the competitive market by researching and analyzing beauty trends and new category/ product launches, helping to identify relevant category and product level opportunities
- Nurture and protect owned brands at a global level so that our brands are always displayed consistently, in line with brand guidelines
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Exceptional attention to detail a must
- Previous experience in beauty preferred
- Experience in Brand Management, Product Development, or Merchandising a plus
- Forward-thinking, innovative with an interest in the latest trends in beauty
- Experience with Mac OS, Power Point, Excel and Google Docs a plus
- Bachelor's Degree