This position will provide direct administrative support for 14 Applied Design and Industry programs. All of the programs are laboratory intensive, so additional support is necessary to manage student load for faculty.
- Administrative duties include managing databases, updating program websites, setting up meetings, and helping coordinate special events.
- Help coordinate yearly program schedules, academic schedules, and model sequences for Applied Design and Industry programs.
- Help maintain and develop program information packets for prospective and current students.
- Update materials and correspondence for the programs, as requested.
- Assist with planning and carrying out marketing activities (flyers, high school visits, Century website ads).
- Assist faculty members in their programs.
- Help maintain program supplies and submit work orders, as needed, for faculty office repairs, IT problems, and classroom issues.
- English: Ability to fluently speak, read, write, understand and respond to a variety of written and spoken communications; as well as effectively communicate policies, procedures and information in a positive, professional, and courteous manner.
- Customer Service Skills: sufficient to answer the phone, refer callers, and greet visitors with courtesy and respect; and to provide general and specialized office support.
- Word Processing/Database Management/Spreadsheets: Knowledge of standard computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets, and databases sufficient to create, modify, and manage them.
- Data Entry Skills: sufficient to enter application and transcript information quickly and accurately.
- Math: sufficient to calculate, review and reconcile financial data and balance accounts.
Note: Assessment Tests will be given to finalists based on Minimum Qualifications
- AAS Degree in Office Technology.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent human relation skills
- Ability to take initiative and apply critical thinking.
- Knowledge and understanding of Century and Minnesota State policies and procedures.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
This position requires successful completion of employment references and a driver’s license background check.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Kimberly Jean Musielewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/779-5819.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.