At AAM, the POWER is in our people. Our global team of approximately 20,000 associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are bringing the future faster by delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable world.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you’ll get to make a difference on day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Are you ready to bring the future faster? Join us!
Job Description Summary
Our Machine Operators fill a vital role in the manufacturing process, as they machine the components for our products and act as the first line of defense in the quality control process. They work as a team to produce high quality components, catch errors, and resolve issues on the fly throughout every single day. They take ownership and strive to produce the very best every day.
We are seeking an experienced Machine Operator who takes pride in their work and enjoys being in an engaging environment where their input and suggestions are valued. If this sounds like you, please keep reading!
- Operate machine to and continually verify that the produced parts meet all quality standards and specifications. Includes running first piece and verify that it meets all of the specifications.
- Use gauges to ensure produced components meet all specifications and requirements.
- Make mechanical adjustments as needed to keep parts within specifications.
- Pack finished products as instructed.
- Complete all needed documentation and tagging for each tub of materials.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on your machines. (Adding oils and fluids as needed, cleaning, and changing bits)
- Keep a safety first approach by following all safety rules and operating in a safe manner.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Flex work duties as assigned.
- Ability to interpret specifications and drawings, and blueprints.
- Knowledge of the Metric System (Microns, Millimeters, etc)
- Basic math skills (addition and subtraction of decimal numbers)
- Able to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner and know when to ask for help
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Required Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Job involves lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, exerts 25 to 100 pounds of force occasionally and exerts 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires pushing, pulling, twisting, reaching, standing, walking, gripping and bending
- Pass Drug Test
ABOUT AMERICAN AXLE & MANUFACTURING
AAM (NYSE: AXL) delivers POWER that moves the world. As a leading global tier 1 automotive supplier, AAM designs, engineers and manufactures highly advanced electric propulsion, driveline, and metal forming technologies that are making the next generation of vehicles smarter, lighter, safer and more efficient. We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
#TeamAAM is made of approximately 20,000 associates operating at nearly 80 facilities in 17 countries. With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.49 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location