No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos is seeks a dynamic, effective “architect” (engineering lead with vision) to drive engineering progress at a federal site. The contract is looking to work collaboratively with the federal staff to engineer and integrate multiple (log) sources from multiple federal sites and departments into a centralized destination for processing in order to perform effective cyber analytics and integrated cyber operations. You are empowered and encouraged to identify process improvements, both incremental and transformational, to evolve the current engineering plans into effective engineering solutions.
Functions of this role include:
One of our DC-based customers requests support to provide subject matter expertise regarding cybersecurity technology integration, enterprise security architecture optimization, and incident response tool improvement, which includes the following support tasks:
- Provide recommendations on alternative solutions to increase capabilities and/or lower operational costs for improved security logging and auditing controls
- Provide technical recommendations and implement improvements to address technical and procedural insufficiencies in incident response tools, inclusive of digital forensics, malware detection and analysis, endpoint inspection, incident management, and device imaging
- Work directly with vendor professional service engineers to ensure security products are deployed for optional efficiency and performance
- Provide support in developing documentation required to satisfy all Confirmation Management requirements to make changes to existing systems and to deploy new systems into the operational environment
- Review cybersecurity architecture of the customer facility and assess the effectiveness of security log auditing policies, log forwarding and collection capabilities, and mechanisms used for log generation and collection
- Work directly with network infrastructure and system administrator teams to reform insufficient infrastructure and security tool configurations and controls to improve the cybersecurity posture of the environment
- Must be US Citizen. Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret and DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret acceptable), or TS/SCI.
- 3+ years’ experience within engineering design, development and/or deployment
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Experience with interfacing with Security Operations teams or Security Operations Centers.
- Strong interpersonal skills working directly with VIP end users in a highly visible and mission critical environment.
- Physically present on site at federal sites during nominal business hours.
Typically requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider years of experience, in lieu of degree.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.