Senior Software Engineer
TapLocal is a full service Digital Marketing Agency that offers an ever growing range of products to help any business grow. We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to add to our team. As a Senior Software Engineer you will play a pivotal role in the continual development of our suite of products. You will be the sole Project Manager and with that role you will be responsible for the success of our brand. In this position you will evaluate, analyze, plan and manage the development of assigned products from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize revenue and meet consumer traffic, operational, financial, and corporate objectives.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Make informed decisions quickly and take ownership of services and applications at scale
- Project manager
- Ultimately, being laser focused on delivering quality products with speed and agility to drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Must have Project Management Experience!
- 4+ years professional experience in professional web development
- Experience coding, testing and documenting Drupal themes – including all front end functionality and templates – and modules – using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Know the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
Senior Software Engineer top skills & proficiencies:
- Software Design
- Software Documentation
- Software Testing
- Programming Skills
- Software Development Fundamentals and Process
- Software Requirements
- Software Architecture
- Communication Skills
- Results Oriented
- High Energy
- Company Health Care Plans
- Accrue PTO on day one and become eligible to use after 60 days of employment
- Paid Sick
- Paid Holidays!
- Paid weekly!
- Paid training
- No Weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Software Engineering: 3 years