The Guest Services Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operation of the Front Office in an attentive, friendly, and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
- At least 2 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; and/or a 2 to 4-year college degree and 1 or more years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.
- Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50-hour work week.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build rapport and trust with our guests/employees. Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Remain curious. Ask open ended questions to effectively handle guest situations and coach employees through situations.
- Creativity – enjoy thinking outside the box/norm to generate new ideas.
- Flexibility – look beyond black and white and remain open to change. Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Teamwork – able to balance independent work with the needs of the team in order to achieve individual, team and hotel goals.
- Tenacity – able to push through obstacles. Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure. Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with hotel standards, scheduling which will vary according to the business levels of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times the standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR and First Aid
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Guest Services personnel according to hotel standards.
- Ensure compliance to brand and company training.
- Prepare and conduct all Guest Services interviews and follow hiring procedures according to hotel standards.
- Conduct all Guest Service employee performance appraisals.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate efficiency, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Attend all required Rooms meetings with all appropriate reports and documentation necessary to establish select sell guidelines and implement appropriate restrictions.
- Supervise the Night Audit function and monitor the reporting for accuracy.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Ensure all end of the month report dates are met.
- Review Guest Services staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to GM/AGM on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Present with payroll reports to General Manager weekly.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain hotel standards regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that payroll reporting, productivity and the Ten Day Forecasts are completed on a timely basis according to hotel standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain hotel’s phone etiquette standards.
- Monitor the process of taking reservations ensuring that the hotel’s courtesy and up selling techniques are maintained.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with hotel’s hospitality standards.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Understand hospitality terms.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and provide training.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently underway.
- Follow and enforce all hotel credit policies.
- Process and handle guest laundry (property specific).
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to hotel standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly team meeting.
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with sponsored programs such as airline mileage, Triple Upgrade, or V.I.P. programs, and the standards and procedures for each.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Conduct meetings according to hotel standards as required by management.
- Other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year