We're expanding! Swedish Match North America LLC, a manufacturer and marketer of well-known tobacco products, non-tobacco pouch products, as well as complementary products, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Department Manager I (1st shift) for the Owensboro, KY facility.
1. Analyze area of responsibility and make recommendations for best utilization of equipment, labor and material.
2. Directs, motivates and coordinates the activities of all assigned employees to assure maximum productivity and the attainment of departmental goals.
3. Attain production schedule with a minimum of direct and indirect labor and a maximum of machine utilization.
4. Assure that employees are properly instructed and trained for their work and that safe working habits are established and maintained.
5. Maintain inventory and safe storage of all finished goods located in his/her area of responsibility. Establishing efficient practices in the storage of all materials.
6. Promote and maintain good attendance and good employee relations.
7. Serves as Step #1 in the grievance process for the department.
8. Maintains complete and accurate knowledge of contractual obligations with the Union and conducts manufacturing operations with proper regard for Union relations and their impact on business.
9. Continually seeks to lower the cost of operations while maintaining the quality of the product.
10. Utilize new technology and proven systems to decrease process variation and enhance departmental performance.
11. Responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of all areas under his/her control.
12. Coordinates product movement with other departments as required.
Additional responsibilities for Managers in Receiving:
1. Project raw tobacco usage for product blends and ensure that an adequate quantity is available when needed.
2. Responsible for plant-wide project work including grounds maintenance, snow removal, off-site equipment and material storage, furniture moving and other projects requiring the use of available physical labor, as directed.
Additional responsibilities for Managers assigned as Relief:
1. Study the responsibilities of all Department Managers in the Loose Leaf, Shipping and Receiving Departments and maintain an adequate level of expertise in those areas to relieve for various periods of time, as required.
2. Assume responsibility for the operation of any department to which assigned because of the temporary absence of the Department Manager or Supervisor.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Some college strongly preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years supervisory or Swedish Match process experience in Shipping or Receiving areas. Minimum of five years for other manufacturing areas.
Skill/Knowledge: Ability to coordinate several different operations concurrently; cooperate and coordinate with persons at all levels of management, and effectively supervise a large number of hourly employees. Must completely understand the current labor contract as it specifically appies to employees under his/her jurisdiction.
Other: Must be able to take direct action. Supervision of actions required. Must be able to plan actions and establish priorities for activities and project with a time frame from current to three months into the future.
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers highly competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental and vision, life insurance, bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), paid vacation, 11 paid holidays......and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet