The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Utah School of Medicine has an immediate opening for an experienced Systems Administrator (SA) who will be responsible for the installation, support and maintenance of servers, services, and storage systems in a highly available 24/7 research datacenter environment. The SA will help create and enforce IT system policies and procedures, and will have responsibility for the integrity and security of enterprise systems. The SA will work with a team of highly motivated individuals that regularly collaborate on a wide range of tasks and projects in a fast paced environment.
The University of Utah offers a comprehensive benefits package, with excellent health care choices, retirement plans and paid leave time. Current benefit information is available at www.hr.utah.edu/benefits.
Administration & Security:
- Installs, configures, and secures servers in a virtual environment
- Administers and troubleshoots Windows environments
- Audits and implements patches and upgrades to systems
- Creates and implements use cases to be used when upgrading, patching, and modifying software and systems
- Monitors and optimizes system capacity, performance and utilization
- Regularly audits and remediates systems to keep them in security compliance
- Works with development and support teams to meet requests and troubleshoot issues
- Provides Tier II support for users
- Projects related work, including rollouts, migrations, and product launches
- Creates and maintains documentation of enterprise infrastructure topology and system configurations
- Provides input to ensure proper selection and deployment of technologies, creation and enhancement of current processes
- On-call rotation with some after-hours support
- Performs and verifies backups. Creates and tests recovery plans
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency with at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area
- 2 + years of Windows Administration experience (2008/R2, 2012/R2)
- Strong working knowledge of Windows server infrastructure and Active
- Directory, DNS, GPO, TCP/IP, SMTP
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL 2008/2012/2014
- Experience with the administration of web servers including IIS, Apache, Tomcat
- Experience with the administration and deploying of web applications running on Java, ASP.NET
- Experience with virtual technology
- Ability to collaborate as a team member as well as work independently
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 4 + years of Windows Administration experience (2008/R2, 2012/R2).
- Microsoft certifications
- Experience with MS SQL Database Administration
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with Confluence \ JIRA
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec
Applicants will be screened according to preferences
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary