Catania Oils is a fourth generation family owned and operated packager and processor of edible oils. We have an immediate opening for an Production Manager to join our operations team. We are seeking an individual who has experience with continuous improvement concepts, KPI's, and who has the ability to drive production efficiency. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for the efficient packing and processing of edible oils and and will report to the Director of Manufacturing and Engineering. Position has responsibility for the management of (3) Supervisors across (3) shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Directs work of shift supervisors in the day to day operations of the production area.
2. Implements and monitors the production work flow. Adjusts production to meet target objectives.
3. Utilize available data including OEE, line speed target, and efficiency and process data to continuously improve productivity. Optimize existing process by utilizing whatever tool necessary to achieve results.
4. Coach, direct and train employees. Monitor employees about their work performance
. Coach and counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job skill deficiencies.
5. Keeps track of efficiencies results and optimizes resources effectively to produce desirable results.
6. Develops, implements, and maintains production Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Ensures best practices are implemented and maintained.
7. Collaborates with Shift Supervisors to evaluate production and schedules to plan manpower to meet production needs in a fast paced environment.
8. Assist monitoring of quality product ensuring accurate code and labeling of product is produced.
9. Interacts with maintenance department to ensure proper operation of equipment
10. Adheres to all GMP and Safety guidelines.
11. Participates and supports the operations HACCP, GMP and SQF Programs.
12. Maintains all food safety guidelines in the absence of the Director of Manufacturing and Engineering.
13. Ensures compliance with all government regulatory agencies.
14. Maintains a safe work environment by practicing safe work processes.
15. Member of cross functional safety committee.
16. Active participant in regular team meetings.
1. Results oriented
2. BS/BA in Business or Manufacturing Process Operations preferred.
3. 5-7 years manufacturing experience in food or beverage environment
4. Background with quality management systems such as Lean, TQM, Six Sigma, value-stream, root-cause analysis-driven and team building
5. Advanced training in HACCP, SQI, KPI’s, DOE
6. Experience with Continuous Improvement Initiatives and Processes
7. Team Player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence positively with all levels of employees at the Management at the Plant level.