Health & Emergency Services
WD Nursing Assist Training
Sep 18 2020 MST
Assistant Director, Job Corps
Part-Time, Non Benefited
Posted Pay Range:
$18.00-$30.00 per hour
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
The College of Western Idaho Nursing Assistant Teacher is responsible for the training and supervision of students during the classroom, skills lab and clinical component of the Nursing Assistant training course. This position is responsible for providing high-quality instruction, classroom facilitation and organization, as well as ensuring effective utilization of resources, including supplies and time management. Nursing Assistant instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable skills to people each year in facilities, schools and communities.
- Deliver the approved course of study as outlined in the syllabus, maintaining a student-
oriented approach to education.
- Prepare and/or gather current instructional materials and equipment and use available
technological equipment and methods for delivery.
- Ensure that all program activities and personnel follow CWI Workforce Development, State of
Idaho, and national governing bodies’ guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Evaluate student learning and teaching effectiveness through written, oral, practical and/or
performance testing, ensuring that what is taught is what is evaluated.
- Work with Assistant Director, Job Corps Development Operations to manage efficient use of
program supplies and to present supply requisitions in a timely fashion.
- Work with the Assistant Director, Job Corps Development Operations and WD Nursing
Assistant Program Coordinator to facilitate and manage the correction of any deficiencies.
- Respond to, report, manage, and resolve classroom, and student issues according to CWI
and appropriate clinical site policies/procedures.
- Provide frequent feedback to students regarding individual progress in each course.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and laboratory.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Maintain expertise in subject matter area
- Convey by words and action the values expected by CWI.
- Be familiar with the Blackboard Learning Management System and willing to utilize it as part
of classroom assigned duties.
- Teach courses at a variety of times at the Job Corps location in response to institutional
needs, including evenings/weekends to meet a diverse course schedule for all students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A current, valid and unencumbered license to practice in Idaho as a licensed registered nurse
(RN). License must be in good standing without restriction or limitation with the Idaho State
Board of Nursing.
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical practice which may include performing or observing the
administrative and clinical activities relevant to nursing assistants in long term/acute health
- Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
- Experience working with at-risk youth is preferred.
- CPR instructor certification is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of t
the Nursing Assistant training course.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in the use of a laptop computer, Microsoft office, and other delivery methods.
- Ability to be flexible with certain days when needed to teach.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills is required.
If so, please submit your resumé and cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application.