During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Operational Risk Business Oversight consultant roles is responsible for the independent oversight of front line operational risk management effectiveness for the WIM business. This role is expected to engage with business and risk resources within the front line to influence and challenge risk management activities and decisions. Operational risk is the risk resulting from inadequate or failed internal controls and processes, people and systems, or resulting from external events. Operational risk is inherent in all Wells Fargo products and services as it often arises in the presence of other risk types.
This role will develop specific subject matter expertise for the applicable WIM groups to which it is aligned, is considered a thought leader and will assist the business oversight leader with all matters pertaining to Operational Risk coverage and oversight. In this capacity, this role reviews and challenges significant Front Line operational risk program execution, including, but not limited to, business continuity, payments, external fraud, information risk management, safety and physical security, transaction processing and execution, third-party risk management and various risk assessment policies and programs. The risk professional in this role will also develop detailed understanding of business strategy, the customer base, products and services and other relevant industry issues, frameworks and emerging risks. Assist leadership with strategy development, be a key driver in execution of the work function, and will also serve as a key contact for business partners and staff.
Operational Risk Business Oversight Consultant –
- Oversee and challenge WIM first line risk and business functions across all operational risk routines including – plan, identify and assess, control and mitigate, test and validate, and monitor and report
- Perform independent risk assessment of the WIM functions, inclusive of emerging risks
- Review and challenge of WIM risk acceptances and new business initiatives
- Use subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to provide independent oversight and credible challenge for the lines of business' operational risk management activities
- Direct engagement with the Control Executive teams, Business Management and Independent Risk teams to promote a strong operational risk culture
- Active engagement in key WIM risk governance routines inclusive of strategic planning sessions, governance committees/forums and business reviews
- Identify and escalate to business oversight leadership conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes
- Influence appropriate risk management prioritization by the front line to enable the business to meet strategic objectives, while meeting operational risk program expectations
- Evaluate cross-program and cross-group analytics to identify opportunities and best practices to influence stronger risk management practices by the business
- Provide a business-centric view to independent risk programs as needed
- Build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach through working in cooperation and consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise.
- Leverage experience to bring industry leading standards, practices and tools to the organization.
Location - preferred locations listed - may consider other locations across the Wells Fargo footprint
10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- Meaningful knowledge of the enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
Strong understanding of specific Wealth and Investment Management processes, products and customer interactions where they manifest risk
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across the organization, which includes virtual, matrixed leadership experience
- Proven leadership skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions
- Strong understanding of corporate/business policies, and programs
- Demonstrated professional ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Proven ability to scope, manage and execute complex risk management initiatives with high quality and timely delivery
- Experience providing reporting and updates to senior-level management
- Requires a developed sense for strong relationship management, and can exert influence.
- Be articulate and possess a demonstrated capability to organize, scope and execute initiatives across a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment
- Ability to successfully review and challenge business operational risk management practices and outcomes.
- Ability to build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach through working in cooperation and consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise.
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.