At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. With over 1000 employees worldwide, we employ a global workforce that changes the lives of hundreds of thousands of people every day.
We are looking for an Academic Statistician to join our organization and help Noom’s Research Team apply and interpret advanced statistics and solve problems that require making sophisticated decisions based on patterns in all kinds of data for studies, grants proposals, and publications.
What You'll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals.
- We are a data-driven company through and through.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You'll get three weeks' paid vacation and a flexible work policy.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We'll Like About You
- You have extensive knowledge of different types of mathematical and statistical models (Maximum Likelihood Estimates and/or Complier Average Causal Effect Modeling, Mixed Linear Models, Latent Class Analysis, Partial Least Squares regression, non-parametric testing, etc.).
- You rock R, Mplus, SAS, and SPSS and/or others.
- You’ve worked with academic researchers before and understand trial protocol methodology, manuscript methods, data cleaning, and statistical analysis.
- You are extremely organized and attentive to detail (corrects and detects errors up to the third decimal).
- You have great critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- You are awesome at prioritizing work: you quickly jump on statistical problems that may prevent a researcher from working efficiently.
- You are someone who is self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- You have strong communication skills and an encouraging, team-focused attitude, and an ability to explain statistical underpinnings to non-technical folks.
- 5+ years of experience, or just someone we would kick ourselves if we didn't hire.
- Ph.D. in statistics or related field is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time