Provides instruction in the subjects required by the district and authorized by credential(s) utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and appropriate learning activities, guides, textbooks and other instructional materials provided by the district.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education and music to pupils in a classroom, utilizing course of study and goals and objectives adopted by the Ravenswood City School District Board of Trustees.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communication skills and other general elements of the course of study specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develops lesson plans which adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
4. Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
5. Helps pupils become aware of relationship to others and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
6. Evaluates pupil growth, keeps records required by the district.
7. Communicates with parents through a variety of means, including parent conferences when needed or required to discuss the individual pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
8. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems and shows awareness of the primary importance of children’s self-concept and emotional well-being.
9. Provides an effective environment of learning.
10. Continues professional growth through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
11. Helps promote understanding of various cultures and teaches some history of minority groups in America appropriate to grade and age of pupils.
12. Assumes responsibility to maintain open communication and group evaluation of the primary program among all members of the primary staff.
13. Additional items mutually agreed upon may be specified by the certificated employee and the supervising administrator at the time of employment or during evaluation conferences.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Selects and requisitions books, instructional aids and instructional supplies and maintains required inventory records.
2. Insures a comfortable room environment through control of heating, lighting and ventilation to the extent possible.
3. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as required during the assigned working hours.
4. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
5. Participates in curriculum development within the school of assignment and/or on a district level.
6. Shares in school activities and participates on faculty committees.
7. Plan and coordinate the work of aides, teacher assistants and other para-professionals as appropriate.
8. Performs basic attendance accounting and clerical services as required.
Driving a vehicle to conduct work as assigned by the position;
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate various equipment
Seeig to read a variety of materials;
Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations;
Sitting or standing for extended periods of time;
Walkingk twisting, stopping crouching, kneeling, bending over grasping reaching overhead; pushing, pulling and moving; lifting and/or carrying 0-50 pounds to waist height.
Potential for contact with bodily fluids, blood-borne pathogens, and communicable diseases;
Exposure to anti-social behavior;
Driving a vehicle during adverse weather conditions.
Ravenswood City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ravenswood City School District requires employees to have technology skills. E-mail, standard software usage and data entry are employment requirements. Advanced technical skills will be obtained through on-job training as needed.
Requirements for Applying
Letter of Introduction
Letter(s) of Recommendation (Three letters of recommendation must be signed and dated within the last 18 months.)
Bilingual Authorization - Spanish
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential - General Subjects