Do you like have a heart for helping people? Do you enjoy knowing that you made someone's day? Would you like to be the person who makes hundreds of people smile EVERYDAY? Well, we'd like you to be that person too! Join our team today. At Block by Block, our Transit Attendants work hard to offer great customer service in the 'T' Stations. We aren't interested in hiring people that just point to a sign! We want friendly, engaging and kind people to help us guide visitors to where they need to be.
Great Weekly Pay/Health/Dental/Vision/401K/Flex Spending/Discounted Purchasing Programs/Great Company Culture that encourages fun! Birthday Pay! (Yep, you read that right!) Free Uniforms/Employee Awards Bonuses/Employee Referral Bonuses/ and much more...
$17.00 TO START
Two shifts available:
***MUST HAVE WEEKEND AVAILABILITY***
Please Note: Our current hiring needs are for those individuals who have minimal schedule restrictions. We are currently looking for applicants with OPEN AVAILABILITY and WEEKEND AVAILABILITY ONLY.
Prior to employment a comprehensive drug screen, CORI criminal offender check and additional background screening and authorizations are required.
TRANSIT AMBASSADORS ASSIGNED to MBTA ‘T’ STATIONS – Downtown Boston
Transit Ambassadors are assigned to various stations throughout the MBTA rail system. They serve as the face and the in‐station representative of the MBTA. They have two primary functions. The primary function is to be highly visible at stations entrances to MAKE PEOPLE'S DAY and help KEEP the riders of the MBTA SAFE!
- Friendly / Outgoing Personality – Must have a friendly disposition and willing to engaging and assist customers throughout their entire shift.
- Communication – Must have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Responsible – Must be accountable for their station, attendance and operational standards of the MBTA.
- Able to Work in Varied Condition – While most stations we support are enclosed, many have open air and immediate access to the outdoors. Transit Ambassadors must be capable of working outside in extreme heat (with increased frequency of breaks) or cold, with provided cold weather gear and also with increased frequency of breaks.
- Prior to employment a comprehensive drug screen, CORI criminal offender check and additional background screening and authorizations are required.
- Flexible schedule (able to work 7 days of the week and the ability to work BOTH shift (the shifts are 5:45AM - 3:15PM or 2:45PM - 12:15AM). The shift will be (at a minimum) 4 days, 36 hours... you may be required to work both Saturday and Sunday. At this time we would may be unable to accommodate extensive schedule restrictions.)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Being Visible and Engaging – the Transit Ambassador will be highly visible in the specified areas, most commonly stations entrances and exits to maximize visibility and engagement with riders. Transit Ambassadors will continually offer a greeting to the public. Additionally, Transit Ambassadors will proactively offer assistance to those persons who appear to need assistance with:
- How to navigate the MBTA transit system
- General questions about local destinations and using the MBTA system
- Fare payment information and ticket gate use
- Will assist persons with disabilities by providing instructions and will assist in the deployment of the bridge plate or other specific needs as required.
- Taking Ownership In Assigned Stations – Transit Ambassadors will most often be the only MBTA representative in their assigned stations and will take complete ownership of all aspects of the station happenings during their shift. This specifically involves:
- Making a pass of the platform every 15 to 30 minutes to:
- Note any newly found maintenance abnormalities
- Pick up isolated pieces of litter in the station with a grabber and bag
- Identify any unacceptable behaviors or abnormalities and address or report as appropriate. These might include:
- Disorderly conduct
- Homeless persons sleeping in the stations
- Persons acting erratically
- Any situation deemed to be unsafe to individuals, other riders or the normal operations of the trains
- Respond to emergency situations following outlined protocol
- Communication – must be able to communicate clearly using two-way radio, especially during stressful situations.
- Activity Reporting – all activities will be reported through usage of a smart device on station IPad
PAY – $17.00 hour to start
A FUN COMPANY CULTURE THAT CELEBRATES OUR TEAMS!
HEALTH & Dental/VISION INSURANCE – A company contribution of single coverage from our current provider. Company pays approximately 70% of the employee premium. Employees are eligible after 90 days of employment.
BIRTHDAY PAY- THAT'S RIGHT, YOUR BIRTHDAY IS A HOLIDAY!
DISCOUNTED TICKET PROGRAM- PERKSPOT AND TICKETSATWORK!
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL PROGRAM
HOLIDAYS – 6 paid holidays.
VACATION – 1 week of paid vacation after one year.
PAID TIME OFF/SICK PAY – in accordance with Massachusetts state requirements all employees receive sick pay, which is accrued.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour