Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve the Booz Allen employee experience and business processes. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help Booz Allen leadership make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in Booz Allen’s growing internal data science team. This position is open to remote delivery from any location in the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower a change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience with frequent scripting language use, including Python and R and packages used in data analytics, including pandas, sklearn, keras (python), tidyverse, tidymodels, mlr, or h20 (R)
- 4+ years of experience with building statistical or machine learning models, including generalized linear models, neural networks, and time series models
- 4+ years of experience with data visualization tools and techniques, including seaborn, ggplot, matplotlib, plotly, and D3.JS
- 3+ years of experience with consulting, client management, and stakeholder engagement
- 2+ years of experience with SQL and relational database systems
- Experience in performing analysis with AWS or Azure cloud tools, including AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, or Azure WebApps
- Experience in performing analysis with cloud computing environments, including Databricks using Spark
- Experience with the deployment of data science products
- BA or BS degree in Mathematics, Data Science, CS, Physics, Statistics, or Quantitative Social Sciences
Build Your Career:
- Experience with contributing to or collaborating on analytics products using version control systems such as GitHub or Gitlab
- Experience with Linux and Bash
- Experience with technical writing, including presentations
- Ability to be flexible and work under dynamic and changing environments
- MS degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, or Quantitative Social Sciences
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.