This position is a walk in/urgent care position.
The Registered Nurse operates in a team with other clinic support staff and healthcare providers. The Nurse provides health education, preventive and acute nursing care, nursing assessment and triage for patients of the Community Health Center. Minimum Qualifications This position is a walk in/urgent care position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
- Works independently and is self-directed.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
- Produces work in high quantity and quality.
- Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
- Use of multi-line telephones and other office machines.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing.
- Education and training in specialized care, such as prenatal care and pediatrics.
- Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
- ICD-10 coding experience.
- CPT-4 coding experience.
- Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Perinatal experience.
- Phone triage experience.
- Ambulatory care setting/clinic or physician’s office experience.
- Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
- Registered Nurse license with the State of Washington.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) certification - must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
- IV therapy certification.
1. Applies professional nursing theory within the scope of practice for nurses licensed in the State of Washington.
2. Under the supervision of a primary care practitioner, assesses, documents, and treats minor illnesses using established clinic protocols and standing orders.
3. Evaluates and prioritizes patient care based on acuity levels.
4. Assures timely documentation of assessments and interventions; uses appropriate coding when applicable.
5. Provides timely contact with patients following established protocols.
6. Follows established protocols when receiving urgent pages.
7. Assists in the management of the Employee Tuberculosis Screening Program.
8. Assists the Practice Manager and/or designee in the supervision, training and education of staff as directed.
9. Provides culturally sensitive patient education in all areas of disease management and preventive health care.
10. Participates in and identifies appropriate outreach activities within the community as delegated. Serves as a liaison for other health and human services agencies.
11. Assists Medical Assistants when appropriate.
12. Provides case management services to patients with chronic conditions.
13. Assists the healthcare team in the management of quality metrics.
14. Provides patient centered care in coordination with other members of the health care team.
15. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.